Novotel Budapest Danube
US$207
US$139
US$120
  • Pool
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$119
US$104
US$180
US$160
Priceline
1,846 results
All reviewsparliament buildingacross the riverhungarian parliamentchain bridgeseparate toiletriver viewmargaret bridgemetro stationrecommend this hotelexecutive roomtwo blocksbusiness tripminute walkexcellent breakfastcity centreexcellent locationhop on hop off bus
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a smart business hotel. The staff are friendly, helpful and very professional and their command of English was of a high standard.
The hotel is very clean and well presented.
We did not eat here but the bar and restaurant areas looked very well presented.
Fabulous views of the Danube.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time and leave your feedback. Much apreciated and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Gergely Kollin

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

2 days stay in this hotel. Across tje danuve river hungary's Congress building is there. At night the view is very wonderful on the river side room. And at the bar, all the dishes are very wonderful.
Breakfast buffe was wonderful.
Connections from the city center is easy by subway. Just 1 stops away with the subway.
I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 서균 김
Amine Z, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing a review.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed our accommodations! Our entire team appreciates your compliments and we look forward to welcome you again soon.

Yours Sincerely
A ZUNGI

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We moved to this hotel after 3 days stay in Parliament hotel as wanted to better explore the other river bank and island, so for its price it is good but I'd prefer Parliament next time considering location, breakfast, view and rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time and review your stay with us. Please if I could suggest perhaps as recommended by other travelers to consider an upgrade to one of our Parliament view rooms during your next stay for an unforgettable experience. See you, Gergely Kollin

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip. The hotel is located in a very nice place, with the great view of Parliament building, which is the most glamorous building in Budapest. It takes 40 minutes by taxi from the airport to reach the hotel and you pay around 30 euros. It is a 2 min walking to the metro, bus stops, and also hop-on hop-off busses so it was great. There are also some nice restaurants in that area where you can have a dinner. Beware that it is not in the city center and not close to touristic attractions at all. You need to take a bus or tram, or you can take a nice walk near the riverside (takes 20-30 minutes).
The staff was welcoming and helpful. As happens in many hotels, my room card (which is also used for the elevator) was not working sometimes because I put it near my cell phone, and they fixed it quickly when I asked. Breakfast was very good, many varieties and good view in the restaurant. But it was the same every morning.
The room was clean and large enough. Nevertheless, the pillows had a strange smell although they seemed clean. I checked them all, and they all had the same smell so I assumed it was the smell of their cleaner, but it honestly smelled like dirty hair and was disgusting.
The room had a desk and a chair, and a small sofa. The toilet and the bathroom were separated. There was a sliding door for the bathroom, which stuck all the time. It was getting on my nerves, so I left it open! It was not exactly meeting my expectations as I paid 110 euros for one night. The stuff helped me call a taxi to the office every morning, and to the airport. They had an agreement with some taxis, which were more comfy and had better drivers than the normal ones. Overall it was not value for that money, unless you like to pay for the city view instead of comfort.

Room Tip: Try to get a Parliament view, because you only pay for it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kkbra
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your review and it was good to read overall you were happy with our services. I will look into the issues you mentioned and I do apologize if this caused you inconvenience. Hope to welcome you back, kind regards, Gergely Kollin

Reviewed 23 June 2014

So, my mother and I stayed here while visiting our family and we booked through a vacation club, which made me uneasy at first because it was a new one, but the second we got here, I was amazed at how beautiful it was and how kind everyone was as well. People of many nationalities and walks of life come here and the staff here catered to all of them! The location is perfect as it's right across the Parliament building and even if your room doesn't have a view, simply go downstairs and you'll see it; it's truly spectacular.

Room service was great! It's pricey in Forints (the currency), but not too much in USD, but absolutely delicious! On top of that, the breakfast is AMAZING! Yes, it's the same thing usually every day but honestly, there's so much to choose from, I never got bored and trust me I am such a foodie. The staff was friendly as friendly can be, but I did notice an extra pep when we spoke to them in Hungarian(As we're Hungarian too). (Which of course isn't a big deal and sort of expected when you are visiting their country). The drinks were good too!(Tequila Sunrise's were the best).

As mentioned before, the location is great because it's like a 10/15 minute walk to Széchenyi (Chain) Bridge, which is beautifully lit at night time. It's a very safe area too, I had no fear walking along the riverbank to the chain bridge at 9:30PM! There are also some super neat and cute cafe's around the area too. If you're thinking of going to the Pest side, which is where all the social events are really, then you have several modes of transport there,but I believe easiest might be the Taxi's there. That, or if it's a nice day, you can definitely walk there too.

Budapest itself is definitely becoming more a tourist spot so you'll find many people here English-speaking, so don't feel too nervous about coming here because everyone here is pretty helpful. Hungarian(Magyar) language is a very polite language so many of the locals are very polite and will help you out; as will the staff at the hotel! The Novotel is definitely a great place to stay at, I really hope you enjoy your trip there as much as I did!

Novotel Danube - köszönöm szépen!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JoHoDan
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest, thank you so much for sharing this with your felow travellers and I am glad you had had a great stay with us. Also thanks for promoting Budapest as one of the most beautiful city in the world. See you soon, a Viszontlátásra, Gergely Kollin