“It felt like home!”

Ranked #103 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Vienna, Austria
“It felt like home!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I loved this hostel, and Budapest so much!!! The staff were all rad, and extremely helpful with any questions my friend and I had. We stayed in the Africa room, and it literally felt like home. The hostel is in a great location, and very close to the metro station and within walking distance of a lot of things to do. Really recommend this hostel, and Agnes is the best! Thanks for the warm and welcoming stay :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peterhiya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed in the Africa room, which was perfect for our group of 5. The staff (especially Aga) are among the most friendly and helpful hostel staff I've encountered. They organised a Pub crawl which really gave us the opportunity to get to know the other guests better. The location is good, attractions were all within walking distance (if you are willing to walk), and near to the metro. Great value. As another reviewer mentioned as well the only thing that bothered me was the ladies showering area - the stalls were only covered by a shower curtain.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We chose this 'boutique hostel' based on postive reviews and inclusions in a trusted luxury hostel guide. Bad call. This hostel is simply a basic, poorly designed backpackers hostel masquerading as boutique hostel. Undisputedely it is good value but it has no comforts, luxuries or interesting design features that distinguish it from every other HI backpacker hostel on the continent. The biggest dissapointment for our group was the lack of comfort in the 5 bed-room we booked. The glass pane door didn't keep out any of the light from the corridor and kitchen- meaning despite drawing the certains and shutting the lights the room was bright. It was noisy. It was hot. When we opened the window to cool down the room it blew open the door (which doesn't lock.) We were awoken in the wee hours of the morning when a guest laid on the door bell to get access to the 24 hour reception- the door bell could be heard very audibly-in our room and if it's staffed 24 hours why did it take so long for them to let the guests in? There is only 1 female toliet (that we could find at least) which meant queing. The women's shower is only accessible through the kitchen which means you must trek past everyone eating their breakfast in the kitchen whilst you shuffle wrapped in your meagre towel between your room and the shower. When we were out for the afternoon we came up and the hostel had hung its washing out to dry in our room. Not for me and certainly not on par with some of the 'luxury' hostels I've visited. If it's just a simple bed you're after- this place is for you but don't be fooled by their luxury/botique hostel message as the image is not on par with the reality by a long stretch!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank LaMarianina
AventuraHostel, Owner at Aventura Boutique Hostel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Ladies,
I am very sorry, that your stay was not comfortable with us.It is true that we are just a very small family hostel in a 100 year old house and we have some facilities, that we cannot change. Like the position of the female bathroom and the number of toilets. There are only 20 beds, which means (if we think that 10 woman 10 man are in tha hostel), that one toilet is used by 10 people and one shower is for 5 people. I think it is very normal.
Thank you for the remark of the glass door - I was already thinking about changing it. Now I am sure I will. You see this is an old house with the old wooden doors and floors and I was trying to keep everyhing in the original way, to preserve the arcitecture. But sometimes it is simply not functional and we have to change. So I will.
Also I will make sure, that in the night we open the door very quickly, so the bell don't disturb others. You are right with the wasing as well, it shouldn't have been hanged in your room.
You were here in the low season, when we already run the place in a more family manner, since normally there are very few people. But during your stay, the hostel was unexpectedly full for two-three days- so this is what you have been experienced. I am very sorry again.
Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed 21 November 2013

It was my first time I ever stayed in a hostel and I liked it so much. Really nice choice and the location is good (near the mall, the metro station and a beautiful train station) and all the hosts were so nice and helpful. The kitchen was so cute. Definitely coming back again.

there is only one small thing that bothered me and it was the shower.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I took a group of nine people, including seven high school students, to Hungary for a conference. We stayed in this hostel for a total of five nights, and were constantly amazed at the value we got for our money! Before the trip, the staff were really communicative and helpful by email. Then, once we arrived, the rooms were comfortable, quiet, attractive and clean. We had a great cheap breakfast there every morning. It's a short walk to the Danube, and everything is easily accessible including the trains and buses. The staff helped book tickets for us, and knew everything there was to know about Budapest. We felt totally safe and cared for, and will come back at the first opportunity!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Ezzbox
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I like to stay in apartments when I go on vacation (whenever possible) since I feel going to the store and cooking some on your own is a fun part of the trip.

Anyway, I was not expecting what I got from the Art Apartment, it was HUGE. It looked like a good size apartment on the pictures I saw, but it was indeed super big. Almost too big for 2 people. Also it was very fresh, semi-modern. Fridge and freezer available as well as stove and oven, very well equipped. Great with separate bathroom and toilet.

Communication with the staff was effortless and they were helpful when we needed them.

Only thing I wished for was an AC, but I slept well nonetheless (turned the fan up to max).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mangehl
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in one of apartment. Apartment is really nice and super clean. You have everything in apartment what you need. So there are 2 rooms one is with double bed and another is with 2 single beds, it is also great for families with small children bc there is baby crib.
Area is also very nice, with great restaurnats and it is on walking distance from Vaci utca.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends