“Clean and very friendly”

Atrium Fashion Hotel
Ranked #85 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 12 December 2010

we used this hotel when visiting the christmas markets.The hotel is just around the corner from the tram and metro which is cheap and easy to use .We took the train and tram from the airport, which took about 45 miniutes and cost under two pounds.
Everyone who worked at the hotel we spoke to could speak english. We hope to return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Atrium Fashion Hotel

Reviewed 22 November 2010

We stayed here in October for 6 nights, the location of the hotel was ideal near the trams buses, the rooms are on the small side ,but very clean . I found the bed too firm for my liking as i have a back problem, i asked reception if it was possible to have a duvet put on top of the matress, they did this and i had a good sleep or the rest of our stay. There was no bar as such , it would have been nice to be able to relax and have a drink before retiring, but we bought our own then for the room.
If you do stay here, they do supply tea coffee in room but no black coffee it is a sachet with milk and sugar added . Also there is no shampoo just shower gel /shampoo combined. The receptionists were very good and polite, except for one young lad who couldnt even pick his head from the computer to say anything, just grunt something. We also asked while booking if we could have a room with a opening window onto the street, which i was glad i did , because most rooms have windows that open on to the Atrium so they dont get any fresh air and must be a bit dark , ours was light and airy.

All in all our stay was very enjoyable and Budapest is a lovely City.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I had booked this room 8 weeks in adcance - a twin for myself and my son. When I arrived and checked in I was given a key (after 15 minhute wait) and it took me to a double room. I went rback to the reception and the rceptionist just looked blankly at his screen and said had I used anything in the room. Eventually he sent me to another room and it was also a double. I went back to the Reception and he did not believe me and sent someone up to check that I was telling the truth. An hour later we eventually got a twin room but it had no towels. I went down and reported thgis but nothing happened. When we went out two hours later I mentioned it again and was given one to take back to the room myself. I asked for more pillows as we only had one each and they said that is all you get.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2010

1 Night in September 2010

Location 10-15min from Budapest Keliti pu train station. 3mins from metro stop.
Tea/Coffee and mini bar facilities provided. Very unique (fashionable) décor and lighting. Wifi in rooms free and good signal. Breakfast was good. Moderate selection of hot/cold foods.
Room a little small, windows looking out into the main central walkway overlooking the dining area. Supposed to be sound proofed rooms, we were on the first floor and could hear a little noise during initial breakfast setup. Ground floor rooms maybe noiser.

We arrived at 1.50pm and were told by the receptionist that checkin was at 2pm – and our rooms were currently being cleaned. We waited till 2.45pm before being told that they were still not ready and it was best to leave our luggage as she was unable to indicate when our rooms would be done – I feel it would have taken a few hours to be ready.

Overall a great little trendy hotel. You must go and eat at Menza restaurant! - Great food/drink at bargain prices!

2  Thank prozerran
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon trip to Europe. The hotel gave a boutique feel to it which was always nice for us. Location was not the most ideal but it was possibly due to us being wary of the locals who dint look very friendly. But once inside the hotel, the friendly staff were extremely helpful and made us feel easy and settled. Room that we booked was large with a double bed. Toilet was spacious and clean which is always important. Although our room was facing the street, the noise level was manageable. But that's just us. If you must have a almost 'soundproof' environment to sleep in, I would suggest that you request a room that faces the atrium. On our first night, there was a free performance by a Hungarian guitarist at the lounge area which was a lovely touch. Breakfast was good as well serving the usual continental spread of breads, cheese, juices, hams, sausages, eggs, yogurts, beverages etc. No complaints whatsoever. Took public transport (metro) during our 3 days of sightseeing in Budapest and requested the receptionist to book a cab (ard 30euros if my memory serves me well) to the airport since we had luggage to tow along. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to travellers. Paid 70euros a night which was a steal for the hotel standards!

3  Thank jielim21
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We stayed for three nights-staff were very friendly and helpful.room very clean and comfortable beds.Gorgeous lighting in bathroom-great to put your make-up on!Only problem was that the air-con was on all night(couldn't reach to turn it off)and it was a bit noisy-didn't really bother me but might bother some people.Breakfast very nice and plenty of it-just help yourself...Not in the best location but there are trams and buses running all the time until midnight where you just 'hop on & hop off'-very useful-we got a free pass so didn't cost anything.Overall a very good hotel-would recommend.

1  Thank 187069Sandra
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I spent a week in Hotel Atrium, which is a modern hotel on the Pest side of Budapest. Most of the rooms are facing towards an atrium and there are only few rooms facing the street. The hotel is located very close to the Blaha Lujza square, therefore it is ideal to reach any part of the city with public transportation in a reasonable time. The rooms are very clean and well equipped, however rather small, for a four star hotel I would expect much more space. The bathroom is also clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is of good standard but not outstanding. A good point is the free wireless internet which is fast and works properly. The staff at the reception is very friendly and helpful, they all speak English well. In general, I would recommend the hotel for a couple of days, though for longer stay the rooms can become uncomfortable due to their small size.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business