“lovely clean and modern hotel”

Atrium Fashion Hotel
Ranked #85 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Lovely modern Hotel,room very clean ,smart decor a little on the small side but how big do you want a room?bathroom also clean and modern,no natural light in room a bit dark,there is a window but you have to draw the curtains when getting ready,but don't let that put you off I would use this Hotel again,location OK about 20 minute walk to centre or Metro just around the corner 2 stops to centre,reception very helpful,breakfast buffet good,all in all a very nice Hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank stap
Atrium_Manager, Manager at Atrium Fashion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Thank you for the kind comment on our hotel. We strive to provide superb service experience to our guests and this positive feedback reinforces us to keep up the level of our services.

There are newer reviews for Atrium Fashion Hotel

Reviewed 6 February 2011

I stayed in the hotel for a weekend with my partner,

the first thing which wen´t wrong was that I booked a double and got an twin room but after I complained we were moved the next day and the receptionist was very nice and helpfull.

Minuses where:
- rooms smell from the toilets apparently it is a general problem in this hotel as after changing the room it was the same
- poor breakfast ( cold scrambled eggs, only one sort of jam and so on)
- no possibility of opening a window in the room as they are locked ( had to use AC in February to get some fresh air...)
- noise comming from other rooms / atrium ( you could hear the conversations word by word )
- no bar / cafe as the barman was on vacation ( no commend on this one...)

Pluses:
- nice room ( equipment)
- OK location close to the tube station and city center
- nice staff

All over I would say this was a 3 not 4 star accomodation, especially because of the missing services. For that money I rather reccomend a different hotel as the choice is in Budapest huge.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iva82
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Atrium Hotel in Budapest was a refreshing experience. Feeling of professionalism and good attitude started at the entrance, while checking in. All of the staff were really nice, but I have to mention blond girl from the reception (can't remember the name). Very, very pleasant and professional person, just how we all imagine receptionist and service that makes you feel welcome. Hotel itself is designed very, very nice and with nice attention to details and great choice of relaxing and clean colors. Our room was very nice, very clean and after seeing "Welcome ______ (my name and last name)" on the TV screen and unpacking, we had great rest before going out. It is located on Blaha Lujza ter, very good location, just few meters away from tram, bus and metro station so you have good connections to every part of the city. After long walks, you need a good, warm shower and sleep and that's what you get there... And the breakfast is very good, I must add! Basically, all you need for a pleasant stay is there, no matter are you traveling on business or leisure.
I highly recommend this hotel and really hope I will be able to find free room again when I'm traveling there as I don't doubt it is quite full all the time. Value for money and quality of service is what makes it really attractive and popular choice.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AerMiki
Reviewed 26 January 2011

This Hotel could be a great base for a leisure trip to Budapest. Sadly my own experience was one of not having the basics attended to.
I deliberately booked a Standard Double room at this Hotel as i was intending to meet a girlfriend there. On arrival on my own the Receptionist said she'd update the reservation after i handed over my voucher, which clearly said 'Standard Double'. Not sure what she meant i stressed that i'd booked a standard double, and had in fact paid more for it other than the 'Double/Twin for sole use' option and guessing what she meant i stated such. On arrival in my room i found it was a twin. Annoyed and on return to the desk i was more annoyed was told quite sniffily 'yes, you are on your own'. I shouldn't have to explain that because i am checking in alone i'm the sole occupant - and even if i was i had made a very specific booking. I got my double. Then on check-out i was presented with a bill by the same Receptionist for there being a second occupant. As stated, i didn't book the 'double/twin for sole use'. I couldn't be bothered arguing - i thought i'd just post my experience on here instead. Isn't a Standard Double intended for two people??
They did catch me on return to pick up my luggage to return a shirt i'd left in the wardrobe, which redeemed the experience a bit.
As for the room, it was quite small but alright for a night. Shower was good. A room service breakfast would have been a nice option and pretty simple to do. Not sure how you can acheive a four star rating when you only serve breakfast - so seemed more 3 star to me. The bed was very comfortable but the linen was of pretty poor quality. The Night Receptionist was very friendly.
More focus on reservations perhaps. More substance to match the style.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2010

We stayed here for our honeymoon 12th dec 2010 for 3 nights, it was lovely. Champagne on arrival, very good communication with the hotel at all times, during booking and stay!
About a 25 min walk from main shopping areas and main attractions and the danube. Didnt bother with transport, wasnt needed for us, but wud recommend if walking isnt ur thing, bus and tram stop across the road.
The hotel can arrange all ur sightseeing tours and excursions at no extra cost.
You must do the dinner cruise in the evening!!!
Also, wrap up warm..... Brrrrrr it gets cold in dec.

Thankyou atrium, daimien and elizabeth hughes

Thankyou

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 12 December 2010

we used this hotel when visiting the christmas markets.The hotel is just around the corner from the tram and metro which is cheap and easy to use .We took the train and tram from the airport, which took about 45 miniutes and cost under two pounds.
Everyone who worked at the hotel we spoke to could speak english. We hope to return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

We stayed here in October for 6 nights, the location of the hotel was ideal near the trams buses, the rooms are on the small side ,but very clean . I found the bed too firm for my liking as i have a back problem, i asked reception if it was possible to have a duvet put on top of the matress, they did this and i had a good sleep or the rest of our stay. There was no bar as such , it would have been nice to be able to relax and have a drink before retiring, but we bought our own then for the room.
If you do stay here, they do supply tea coffee in room but no black coffee it is a sachet with milk and sugar added . Also there is no shampoo just shower gel /shampoo combined. The receptionists were very good and polite, except for one young lad who couldnt even pick his head from the computer to say anything, just grunt something. We also asked while booking if we could have a room with a opening window onto the street, which i was glad i did , because most rooms have windows that open on to the Atrium so they dont get any fresh air and must be a bit dark , ours was light and airy.

All in all our stay was very enjoyable and Budapest is a lovely City.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple