All reviews flights of stairs other guests b bs carried our bags luggage upstairs rooftop terrace no elevator place to stay private bath each morning terror museum gave us a map top floor great hosts home away from home deluxe room szechenyi baths
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Kapital Inn is one of the best BnBs I have ever stayed in. The accommodation was very clean and modern. Paul was a brilliant host who was very knowledgeable about the city - he made some excellent dinner recommendations too! Breakfast was brilliant and the location is perfect. If I ever travel to Budapest again, I will be booking a room at Kapital Inn!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

In our 3 weeks in Europe, this was one of the few rooms that supplied a bar of soap instead of shower gel - I appreciated that. Albert is a great host, making omelets to order for breakfast, and providing a great orientation to Budapest.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018

The reason I chose Kapital Inn in Budapest was because of the reviews. Well, let me tell you, they did NOT get it wrong. if I ever go back to Budapest this is the hotel of our choice. I was a little worried about the steps but as Albert told us, he would take care of the bags and he did. He took our two 50 lb bags in each hand and went up five+ flights of stairs without stopping! We were shocked but sure happy we did not have to carry them.

Then there was the amazing omelet he made for us for breakfast. I saw that in the reviews and wondered why they would brag about an omelet. Now I know and I warn you, don't turn it down because you don't know what you will be missing. The room was very modern, clean, quiet and comfortable. There is a beautiful terrace that we thoroughly enjoyed with our wine at night.

We also had ordered a taxi to and from the hotel, which Albert set up. The taxi driver, Marianna Bodzsar, was a hoot. She had us laughing the whole time. She was on time and a good driver.

So net/net, if you are going to Budapest I highly recommend Kapital Inn as the place to stay. You will not regret it, Albert will see to that!

Room Tip: Depends on your needs/desires - ask Albert, he's an honest guy!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Hard to fault really, so i won't. Albert certainly was the best host we had on our 3 1/2 week trip in Budapest / Croatia / Montenegro, and Kapital Inn was just great. Everything you want a boutique B & B to be. Close to everything, modern and yet very comfortable amenities and an entertaining host who does great eggs for breakfast. Marianne was at the airport to pick us up, and Albert was waiting out front to greet us and, yes, carry our bags up the 3 floors to Kapital Inn. A quick geography lesson on Budapest, suggestions on places to eat and drink, and any special requirements and we were off to see what the city would give us.After 4 days mooching around Budapest, we can't rate Kapital Inn and Albert highly enough, and yes we would definitely stay again. Thanks Albert.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The Kapital Inn is brilliant. Albert and Paul are the consummate hosts. They will start your day with a full breakfast in their spacious kitchen, and provide you with useful tips and insights on Budapest. Their building is just a block away from bus and underground. (You can buy passes at the machine aboveground at the corner of Andrassy and Voyosmarty, for although Budapest is a great walking city, the buses, trams and underground are extremely handy and useful.) On the top of their B&B is anoutdoor lounge area where you can kick up your feet after a long day of exploring the city.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple