“Very basic. Could get better deal for this money” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Central Green Hotel
Ranked #277 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Munich, Germany
“Very basic. Could get better deal for this money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Staff is friendly and the location is conveniant to get around town.
But this is all I can say in the positive.
The room very stuffy because of lack of ventilation, dark and you can hear most conversations of other guests, so we got only little sleep.
I did not dare to look too closely into corners and at the delapidated carpet where the dustballs flocked.
The furniture is certainly from the last century.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Treviso
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my sister, the room was clean and quite spacious although they should get rid of the carpet as not very hygienic. It was modern looking on the inside with green painted walls and cool tiled floors. The breakfast was plentiful, although the same each day. Although not central it was within walking distance and just off Andrassy st. which is beautiful and 1 min from the metro. The reception staff were very helpful. The beds were comfortable too. I did ask for a second pillow although it never appeared. It was a quiet road and not far to one of the spa baths.which we walked to. On the whole very reasonably priced, which is what you want if you are going to spend all the day out.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I booked this hotel last-minute with a mate of mine for New Year's Eve, which cost £145 (being New Year's and all - assume it would be around £40-£50 normally). When I booked I specifically asked for a twin room (i.e. two singles). When we arrived the receptionist said that they only had a double room. He then offered to give us a single fold-up bed and had to be prompted to carry it up the stairs (I thought for a minute I would have to bring it up myself). I also had to ask him for clean sheets for the single bed (which he didn't give us initially). When he assembled the bed, he realised that it was broken (it didn't hold up in the middle). He apologised but said there was nothing else that he could do. The room itself was a bit shabby but functional (some plaster coming off the wall behind the bed). There was no safe for valuables.

To make matters worse, the receptionist then said that there was a local tax to pay of HUF 5,000. Luckily we had just stayed in another hotel in Budapest the previous night and knew that the local tax should be significantly less than that. I asked the receptionist to confirm the amount, and after some tapping away on his calculator he apologetically confirmed that the figure was actuall HUF 1,500.

By contrast, the receptionist on the next morning was very friendly and helpful, so perhaps it was just a one-off thing (given the night that was in it) but I would not recommend this hotel unless you are in a tight spot.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows opening into corridors rather than the outside world - you may wish to avoid...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ronan J
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in October. The hotel contacted us before we left England and we arranged a taxi to pick us up from the airport and take us to the Central Green hotel. That all went smoothly, check in was quick. Our room was a good size, clean and perfectly adequate. I brought mini shower gel and shampoo with me and my own travel hairdryer as I knew they were not provided by the hotel. Located on a quiet street between Andrassy and Kiraly it's a really good location. It's not right in the city centre but a 10 min metro ride or half hour easy walk takes you to the centre. Breakfast was very good value, for 3 euro it was coffee, juice, really nice scrambled eggs, boiled eggs lots of bread, yogurts,cheese, meats and sausage. Can not complain for the price! Overall we had a really good stay and for the price and location would definitely stay there again if in Budapest

• Stayed October 2012
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

It s a nice cheap hotel... with 3 euros you get an amazing breakfast.. service was excellent.

The rooms are ok!

Location..SUPER!

I enjoyed my stay there, although I think the rooms need to be cleaned a bit more..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I went with my dad from 3rd-7th September 2012 and stayed in Central Green Hotel for 4 nights, we went to sightsee Budapest, and Central Green Hotel was a lovely quaint little hotel, with very cheap but good quality food for 3 euros per person (or 2000 forints) so about 2 pounds each.
The hotel was clean, the beds were comfy, the room was big enough, with a shower, toilet and sink. Overall a lovely little hotel and an amazing trip to the wonderful city of Budapest!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

it was a good value hotel. We stayed for 2 nights. The only thing I did not like was the lack of shampoo in bathrooms! Anyway, the service was very good and management people very helpful.
Thanks to them, we ate in a hungarian restaurant which is just 50 meters from the hotel. We tried the best Goulash soup in our lives.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple