“Amazing - worth seeking out this wee gem!”
Review of Vintage Garden

Vintage Garden
Ranked #461 of 3,514 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: French, Hungarian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had dinner here on Monday evening and boy was it a good meal! We had walked past it numerous times and I ha admired the decor, but a quick check on TripAdvisor proved that this was worth a visit.

We were there about 8.30 and it was busy, but we still got a seat easily. We wanted to sit outside but it was full so we sat near the door. All the waiters were smiley and very pleasant. The service was quick and they were keen to offer recommendations when asked for.

We paid about £40 for 2 starters, 2 mains (I had the chicken and bacon ciabatta and my fiance had the duck confit), 2 ciders, a cocktail and a large bottle of table water. All in all, worth every penny. This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip! So much so, that I took photos and sent them to my Bridesmaid telling her I wanted to bring it to Italy for my wedding next year!!

2  Thank Monique688
Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This place really is a novelty. The set up is very vintage and stylish.

We went here for some lemonade and a little bit of brunch. The service was good, they were happy to see us and found us a nice seat out the back in the open air area.

The lemonades were really nice and the food we had was good also.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after seeing the reviews on TA and was not disappointed. The flat bread and pate was amazing. The portions were so big that we only managed the 2 starters so we will be going there again to try the main courses which looked superb. The gardens were very stylish and really well designed great place to have a romantic meal. It was mid range price £25 for the 2 starter and a decent bottle of wine - well worth the price.....

1  Thank Tara W
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Had a very delicious and filling dinner but be warned potions are huge. We had some of the best foe gras and flat bread. The garden is nice and so was the atmosphere. The service was okay by Hungarian standard. So definitely worth a try.

1  Thank nermin m
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this place and it was a great find! Really relaxing garden area, perfect for an afternoon get away. We only got a few lemonades (which are so good) and some bread but even they were fantastic. Really rate this place, go check it out!

1  Thank Sam S