“Nice stay at Jagello Hotel”

Jagello Business Hotel
Ranked #138 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Nagykanizsa, Hungary
“Nice stay at Jagello Hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had business trip in Budapest, and we choosed Jagello Business Hotel for our stay. The hotel is situated at a very quiet loacation. Rooms are very-very clear and comfortable. The staff is really kind! We recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: Good prices, nice staff, comfortable and clean rooms!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nagykanizsa, Hungary
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very nice and clean rooms, wifi accessible and fast, good breakfast and correct prices. The hotel is easy to access, inspite of this quiet environment. New led tvs in the rooms - was a good idea of the mabagement. I choose every time this hotel for my stay.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is located on the green Buda side of the capital in silent and nice surroundings. Yet, one can easily go to the city centre either by public transportation or by car but the Váci street is also quickly available for those fond of going shopping. During my stay I experienced flawless service right from the check-in. The hotel staff was always helpful, kind and polite, I can strongly recommend this accommodation for everyone. As for relaxation I was recommended to take a night cruise on the Danube river after having paid a visit to the fabulous Market Hall, for which experience I am really thankful.
The appartment was clean and silent, excellent place for a stay when in Budapest. It was worth every cent I spent there!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Maryport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The overall appearance and service of the hotel was good / excellent - especially for the business traveller! However, I did book this hotel for "romantic tourist" purposes, as it does also describes itself as tourist friendly! And it is! Staff were ALWAYS very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is well located in the Buda city with excellent shopping and eating opportunities, literally within a few minutes walk! No! I did not try to drive here! The hotel however is once again positioned directly on the main bus route into the city with respective bus stops within mere yards! Bus No.112 took us to the centre and back for about 5 Euros (total. Return). Tickets purchased at the hotel reception (busses seem to be cashless)! In fact, anything you wanted to do or see can be booked / purchased through the hotel reception! Yes - excellent location for tourist purposes "out" of the hussle and bustle of the city centre!
Breakfast? As per previous comments - Excellent! Choices of hot or cold (or both)! Again - staff always with a greeting and a smile!
So... What was the partly bad! NO DOUBLE BED!!
Although the hotel does specifically state that they DO have double beds... and although I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED a double bed - we didn't get one!!
I emailed the hotel about this directly but received no reply.
I had cause to speak with the booking agent who telephoned the hotel for me and was again assured that we had been allocated a double bed! This was a complete and utter disappointment to us therefore when we walked into the room... As you might imagine! Two single beds put together just does not "cut it" - especially when you see the picture!!
No Headboards! I have two crushed vertebrae with neck injuries. However, medical conditions aside, this just was not acceptable!
Did I complain to the hotel directly? No! After my email and the booking agents telephone call I deemed that to be pointless! Especially after asking for additional pillows! Hotel information states that extra bedding and pillows were available on request, but... no! The pillows... are wonderful! Large! Soft! But Flat! No support! Asking for two pillows... I was given one - with the statement that it was all they had! (Bear in mind - no headboard)!
Toilet roll!? Good quality. But they seemed to run out! Toilet roll was running out and not replaced towards the end of our week there! Paper hand towels placed in the bathroom instead!?
Shame really! This would have been a 5* review from me if not for "the bed" situation!
Hotel - lovely and clean! Staff - lovely and friendly! But... because it's a B--I--G "BUT!" THE BEDS!!
I think the pictures to be self explanatory. Unacceptable. Dangerous. Perhaps even illegal!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jagello, Manager at Jagello Business Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

Is was really descriptive and helpful.

You should have asked for another room, we may have solved the problem on the spot easily.
We can serve with as many extra pillows as you require at the reception.

We apologize for the inconveniences we may have caused you.

We wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
We hope we can host you next time in a double room without any problem.
Moreover, next year we will have new LED televisions with more than 30 channels in the rooms.

Jagello Team
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was with 2 more friends and we shared a room. There were three separate beds, a bathroom and a very small television. It was a very strange shaped room, and because of that the curtains didn't close. It was really light in the room and we woke up very early because of this.
We paid 80 euros for the room, and personally I thought this was a lot of money for everything we got. For such a basic room I expect to pay no more than 20 euros a night!

Room Tip: If you want to have a long sleep, ask for a dark room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Jagello, Manager at Jagello Business Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, it was helpful for us.

Our apartments are recommended for families with children or for tourist who would like to use the kitchen facilities such as refrigerator, hot plate and cutleries, this is an upgraded room, not a standard twin or triple room, that is why the price is higher.

I am truely sorry, that you were disturbed by the light in the room, we solve this problem as soon as possible and we hope next time we can satisfy your needs.

Nevertheless, I do not think that you could easily find any hotel room for a much lower price for 3 people in Budapest in the high season.

Sweden
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This small hotel is located in a green area of Buda, close to the MOM Park. These surroundings provide fresh air, good walking and jogging facilities and a relatively easy access to the centre of the city by a proper public service. The facilities are rather basic, nut clean and practical.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ViatorCastellum
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the fresh air and the nice area of the surroundings, we like it as well and we can suggest it to everyone who would like to visit Budapest.
We hope we can see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have been stayed in this hotel for one night recently , but I liked it very much ! My room was basic but very clean throughout in the whole of the hotel .Breakfast was tasty , staff was friendly despite of my very late arrival at 1 am .I was on Business trip but this hotel can be ideal choice for tourist for visiting Budapest as well. The pricing of the rooms is more like for tourists on the budget , but it is still fairly close to Deli Palyaudvar Metro station and from there literally ten minutes to the inner city ! The only advice for improvement is to change the televisions for LCD`s , but since the digital switch is coming very soon to Hungary , they will have to do it anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AdventuresOfZolee
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, it was really helpful and kind of you. We are planning to change all the televisions for LCD. We hope we can host you soon.