“Good Location, View & Staff....BUT”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #56 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
san diego
“Good Location, View & Staff....BUT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really wanted to love the Lanchid 19 as I selected it because it is promoted as a small, modern or contemporary designer hotel and I like small, unique and modern. Loved the location which provided a beautiful river and bridge view from our 5th floor room and the hotel is an easy walk to a few nice restaurants and/or for a lovely (albeit crowded) stroll across the bridge if you are so inclined. The staff was also lovely, friendly and most helpful.

For me, it was just too plastic and scant. The common areas (bar and restaurant) were just not inviting – too lite up with no atmosphere. The bar reminded me more of an ice cream counter. We ate at the restaurant once when we were just too exhausted to go out and found it served good food but was slow in service despite us being the only party in it. It too seemed too lite up with no definable dinner atmosphere. We passed on breakfast because it seemed overpriced, and there is a lovely inviting café just a few doors down (Marvelosa). The hotel however did have a modern public sitting room behind the reception desk with a clear glass floor over boulders/rocks on which the room was built that was more up to what I expected and was indeed unique and gorgeous with distinct atmosphere.

While the room was clean, the bed was really really firm with strange quality linens (flannel?) and the multi colored lights outside your view window attracks swarms of gnats to the lights. There is no way that we could open the window or door at night because of this. It also seems to offer no way to turn off the noisy constant bathroom fan. Lucky that there was a vanity mirror in the desk to use for makeup and hair as the bathroom did have atmosphere - however it was too dark to be putting on makeup. It just fell short of my expectations.

Would only come back here if I could afford the 6th floor river/bridge panorama view room and be sure I got a room with a shower (not a tub).

Room Tip: Danube side - the higher the better
3 Thank mchcal
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for writing your review. It is always good to hear our staff was helpful and did a gopod job to make your stay comfortable. I am dissapointed you were not satisfied with the lighting of the public areas and the bathroom. As for the windows, it was our decision at the construction phase that we did not want to have a completely closed window as in most Budapest hotels.
However it is good to read you liked the design of our reading corner and would try our panorama suite another time.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Edit Rozsos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed two nights in summer 2013.
Plusses -
It really is a 'design' hotel, nicely done rooms with great bathrooms.
I think it is in a really good location, just over the Lanc bridge and out of the bustle but still very close to everything.
Great views over the Danube.

Niggles -
The beds, although modern looking, just didn't have that real quality feel I would expect from a hotel of this level.
The staff, although very polite, always looked a bit nervous. maybe inexperienced.

All in all I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting Budapest and fancy treating yourself.

Room Tip: I think the river view is better than the Palace view. Obviously the higher room the better .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion and recommend our hotel to other travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Locared on Buda's end of Chain Bridge in not exactly existing neighbourhood. Personally, I prefer to stay in Pest. Junior suite L2 on the top floor is very spacious and extravagant, with huge terrace overlooking Royal Palace. Bed is very comfortable and is separated from living room with 3/4 of a wall. Service is very friendly, food above average. No pool and no business centre. Very good value for money.

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your positive impressions about our hotel. Our panorama suites are really unique and provide a splendid view over the city.
As for the location, many guests prefer the Buda side as it is more calm and relaxing. We are so very close to the Pest center, it is only a 6-8 minute walk or one bus stop.

Thank you again for your review.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times, unfortunately all stays were only for one night! This hotel has lovely rooms that are clean, comfortable and are equipped with some amazing either showers or baths! A place you don't want to leave. This time on our stay we were greeted by the lovely and so professional David who couldn't do more for us and his colleague Hichem made our stay so special! Would recommend this hotel to everyone! Could not fault the service!

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your wonderful review and are glad you recommend our hotel to other travellers visiting Budapest. We forwarded your nice words to David and Hichem and would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel.

Great Bookham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I cannot speak too highly of the quality of this Hotel. The interior of the hotel has a great modern design. Our room was elegantly laid out and spotless. It has a really fresh modern design without being fussy. The base thing about the room was the view however. We were on 4th floor and you still had a beautiful back-drop of the Danube and City. Everything worked , air conditioning superb, and WIFI fine, essential if you had 2 teenage boys like us.

Breakfast was top class . Something for everyone and very well prepared.

Above all the staff went out of their way to make your stay as easy as possible. For example they sent a member of staff to help us find a secure parking place for our car. They were also extremely helpful in arranging our departure as there was a big festival going on the following day with various road closures.

If you're looking for a bit of luxury you would be hard pressed to beat this.

Room Tip: Worth going for river view option
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our team is continuously trained to provide ultragood service which is very much honoured by our guests.
I am glad you liked our breakfast and all our services.

We hope you will return to us in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I booked a room for my parents to stay there, after a long flight from London. The hotel staff noted my request for a very late check in (a big thank you to Krisztina from sales, who noted my requests via email), and provided an extra bed for my brother. As I heard, the night receptionist was amazing and very friendly.
My parents were impressed by the hotel and the team. Hopefully I will get the chance to stay there next year!

Room Tip: High floor, Chain Bridge view or apartment
Dear Guest,

first I would like to thank you for choosing Lanchid 19 hote inl Budapest again. I have shared your review with my colleagues so they see their efforts are so much honoured by our guests.

Thank you again for the wonderful review and hope to see you next time.

Consett, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week and was very comfortable at this hotel. Although its on the Buda side, its less than a 10 minute walk to the shopping centre, restaurants and bars.

Not quite sure about the design part or what I expected, but the shower was designed in the most ridiculous way that meant the bathroom was flooded each day, and other bits were a bit odd, but that's not to say its bad!

Staff were very attentive and the proximity and view across the river made this a very nice place to stay.

Dear John,

thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the shower, we fixed the problem in the room and we hope it will not happen again.