“excellent hotel”

Ranked #55 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Very clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff - rooms adequate and comfortable - ideally placed to walk to all the major sites - breakfast good , bar serves very good coffee. all staff could not have been more helpful and answered all our tourist questions as if it was the first time they had been asked. still some building work at castle and surrounding streets and also at the parliament - when finished these sites will be spectacular.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear John,

first of all I would like to thank you for spending your time to review us. We are very proud of our staff, they are really helpful and professional. I am very glad you liked our breakfast selection and the coffee at the bar (which I love myself too).
I hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Edit Rozsos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It was a great hotel, so personal. Will always go back there. Make sure get the room with the view of the ChainBridge. The view was absolutely amazing. The room and bathroom great too - lovely bath. So close to the castle district and everything else.

Room Tip: The room with the view of the Danube. Higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Susan,

thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are sop glad you would come back to us. I am especially glad you found our staff and view amazing.

Thank you again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Right across the street from Chain Bridge and steps from the Castle Hill Funicular. The restaurants, nightlife, and shopping are across the bridge on Pest side of the city, but the walk across the Duna at night is gorgeous and comfortable, so we didn't mind the walk. Just another excuse to soak in the beautiful city at night.

Rooms are modern, clean, and spacious enough. The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Joe,

thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you liked our hotel, its location and the breakfast selection. We hope we can welcome you in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a 3 night stay. The hotel is very modern looking inside and out as you would expect. Breakfast buffet was excellent, good coffee, tasty pastries, cereals, and continental breakfast. The room was a good size, bathroom was spotless, but agree with another reviewer that it needs better quality toiletries. The beds were comfy, more pillows would have been nice. The only down side was the carpets in the room were stained and looked generally grubby.

Overall we did enjoy staying here it is a great location close to walk to everything.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for your sharing your nice experience. I am especially glad to read that you liked our breakfast selection as we are always looking for the best quality ingredients and change our selection seasonally.
As for the toiletries, they are a great brand, Pascal Morabito used mostly in 5-star hotels. We are sorry they did not meet your expectations. Our housekeeping cleans the carpets each day, so they are never dirty but unfortunately in some rooms during the years they got stained and we are aware that they need to be replaced. In a couple of weeks we will find the best solution.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights in September 2013 for travel.

Pros:
-great location. The hotel is located on the Buda side. So, if you reserve a room facing the Danube river, then from your room, you can see parts of Parliament (the ornate building that is emblematic of Budapest). You can also walk to the Chain Bridge in less than 10 minutes. You can walk to the funicular, which takes you up to Buda castle, in less than 10 minutes.
- comfortable mattress
- helpful, kind, and patient staff, particularly Anita. I asked many questions, about which bath to visit, how to get from point A to point B, etc, and Anita kindly and patiently answered all of my questions. When we left for an early flight, we entirely missed breakfast. We asked to have something to go, and the breakfast attendant, a kind woman, brought out croissants and orange juice to go, smiling to us.
- I had the hotel taxi service pick us up from the airport, and they were prompt. I also asked for a taxi to take us back to the airport upon check out, and that was prompt as well.
-flexible reading lamps next to bed
-breakfast. It includes omelets, and you can squeeze your own fresh orange juice
- there was a small issue with the room, and after calling downstairs for assistance, we were immediately moved to another room until the problem was resolved.

Cons:
- website could be better
- for a design hotel, I wasn't impressed with the design. The color scheme in the rooms on the upper floors is bright orange. It's an unattractive color for a hotel room and bathroom. In room 68 on the 6th floor, the shower door does not fit on the shower correctly, and so water leaks out. Why isn't this fixed?
- bedding seems worn.
- the boards that hold the beds have crumbs and dust. This could easily be cleaned, but it isn't.
- no complimentary hair conditioner. Low quality toiletries. This isn't a huge deal. But if a hotel advertises itself as a design hotel, one would think that the hotel would carefully tend to aesthetic details, like toiletries
- neon lighting in front of the building at night. Again, I'm not sure how a design hotel could have such unattractive lighting.
- carpet looks tired. Stains.
- slip covers on chair in room has something that looks like oil stain. Why isn't this replaced?

I'm curious what the rooms on the 7th floor look like. The view of the Danube river is probably lovely.

Could be better, could be worse. As a design hotel, it doesn't impress. But the location is fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review. Also I really appreciate you wrote about your positive experience. As for the beddigns and the carpet, I checked the problem and made sure our housekeeping works properly.
It is a pity you did not see our panorama suites on top of the hotel, you would have loved them. Maybe next time.

Thank you again. Best regards,

san diego
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really wanted to love the Lanchid 19 as I selected it because it is promoted as a small, modern or contemporary designer hotel and I like small, unique and modern. Loved the location which provided a beautiful river and bridge view from our 5th floor room and the hotel is an easy walk to a few nice restaurants and/or for a lovely (albeit crowded) stroll across the bridge if you are so inclined. The staff was also lovely, friendly and most helpful.

For me, it was just too plastic and scant. The common areas (bar and restaurant) were just not inviting – too lite up with no atmosphere. The bar reminded me more of an ice cream counter. We ate at the restaurant once when we were just too exhausted to go out and found it served good food but was slow in service despite us being the only party in it. It too seemed too lite up with no definable dinner atmosphere. We passed on breakfast because it seemed overpriced, and there is a lovely inviting café just a few doors down (Marvelosa). The hotel however did have a modern public sitting room behind the reception desk with a clear glass floor over boulders/rocks on which the room was built that was more up to what I expected and was indeed unique and gorgeous with distinct atmosphere.

While the room was clean, the bed was really really firm with strange quality linens (flannel?) and the multi colored lights outside your view window attracks swarms of gnats to the lights. There is no way that we could open the window or door at night because of this. It also seems to offer no way to turn off the noisy constant bathroom fan. Lucky that there was a vanity mirror in the desk to use for makeup and hair as the bathroom did have atmosphere - however it was too dark to be putting on makeup. It just fell short of my expectations.

Would only come back here if I could afford the 6th floor river/bridge panorama view room and be sure I got a room with a shower (not a tub).

Room Tip: Danube side - the higher the better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mchcal
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for writing your review. It is always good to hear our staff was helpful and did a gopod job to make your stay comfortable. I am dissapointed you were not satisfied with the lighting of the public areas and the bathroom. As for the windows, it was our decision at the construction phase that we did not want to have a completely closed window as in most Budapest hotels.
However it is good to read you liked the design of our reading corner and would try our panorama suite another time.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Best regards,

Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed two nights in summer 2013.
Plusses -
It really is a 'design' hotel, nicely done rooms with great bathrooms.
I think it is in a really good location, just over the Lanc bridge and out of the bustle but still very close to everything.
Great views over the Danube.

Niggles -
The beds, although modern looking, just didn't have that real quality feel I would expect from a hotel of this level.
The staff, although very polite, always looked a bit nervous. maybe inexperienced.

All in all I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting Budapest and fancy treating yourself.

Room Tip: I think the river view is better than the Palace view. Obviously the higher room the better .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion and recommend our hotel to other travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.