“Excellent choice!”
Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #79 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed 2 nights in a smaller but modern room. The staff was very friendly and helpful, it is close to the center. Breakfast buffet was excellent. The signal strength of the wifi in my room (6th floor) was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Lanchid 19 design hotel for your first visit to Budapest. Thank you so much for your complimentary comments regarding our hotel and staff. We are very happy toread you liked our breakfast selection of which we are very proud. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed three nights in july. Paid a little extra for a slightly upgraded room, but that wasn't worth it really. Getting a balcony meant the room was a bit far off from the other rooms which meant the wireless internet didn't reach the room. The reception staff tried to help about this, but it was clear that the room was just bad located. We managed to log on to another floor's wifi, but the signal was so bad you couldn't even watch a youtube vid without lots of interruptions. Other than that it's a pretty good quality hotel that at least looks pretty nice. Don't expect much view from the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your nice review about our hotel. I am glad you liked our hotel and I would like to apologize for the problems you faced concerning our wifi. I have talked to our service provider and we have executed changes on the system so that all rooms have equally strong wifi connection. You were staying in a superior room that faces the Royal Palace. Maybe you would have liked the other side of the hotel better as it faces the Danube river and the Pest riverbank. Those are deluxe rooms.

Thank you again for your review. Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very modern hotel in a splendid location with always friendly employees. It was already my fourth stay. The only problem is a non-existing hotel garage and the very limited number of public parking space free of cost.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Harry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your loyalty to Lanchid 19 design hotel . We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next Budapest visit. As for the parking facilities, we always try to reserve a place for our guest on the non-paying side of the street. Please ask the reception to help you with parking next time.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed 8 nights at the Lanchid 19 in early October 2013. We were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel made a very nice gesture of a bottle Hungarian Cava on our arrival which was greatly appreciated. Our room (52) facing the Danube offered a wonderfully picturesque view. The rooms are modern, spacious but rather Spartan. The bathroom was adequate but lacking as others have mentioned in the toiletry department. The breakfast offered a vast choice of cereals, breads, fruit, pastries and hot items. Front desk staff was friendly and always helpful. Housekeeping was lax in some areas (vacuuming the already worn and spotted carpet, threadbare towels) but this was resolved after talking to the front desk. Also in major need of an ice bucket or someone who knows where they are hidden. The hotel is a good choice if you are inclined to stay on the Buda Side.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guru57

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind review. I am especially glad you were satisfied with our staff as I am personally keen on our colleagues providing the best service possible. As for the toiletries, we have Pascal Morabito which is a great brand loved by many people. I hope it was not a major concern and you will return to us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is located just perfectly on walking distance from the best sights in Budapest. The room was clean and spacious with great view over the Danube. The indoor climate was too hot and the air conditioning is very loud. So that was less ok. Breakfast and lunch were perfect.
I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review and sharing your opinion about Lanchid 19 hotel with other travelers. I am especially glad you liked our breakfast and a la carte food as I think our staff does a really good job.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had high expectations for this “design hotel” but were very disappointed when we first saw our room. After changing to a second one, it was better but still not the elegant boutique hotel I expected.

PROS:
*The view is spectacular if you get a river view (one of the higher floors on the front side of the hotel). Floor-to-ceiling windows really maximize the impact.
* Staff was generally very helpful and contributed greatly to our overall enjoyment of Budapest, starting with offering to arrange a car to pick us up at the train station when I contacted them prior to our arrival. They provided excellent dinner recommendations, sightseeing tips, and responded quickly to issues we had with our room (moving us, and then sending someone to fix the TV).
* Breakfast was decent, including squeeze-your-own fresh orange juice and a good assortment of the usual types of breakfast items. They also serve dinner, apparently, but it seemed mostly deserted in the evening.
* It was quiet and the beds were comfortable.
* Location is fine, a short walk to the Chain Bridge and the funicular up to the Castle District, although I think I would prefer staying on the Pest side if I were to return, where there would be more choice of restaurants in the immediate area without having to walk across the bridge or take a taxi up the hill. (Also note there are no ATM’s in the vicinity, one has to go over to Pest or up to the Castle District.)

CONS:
* Poor housekeeping – I am not terribly picky, and rarely dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the hotels we stay in, but we found cobwebs on the ceiling and in various corners of the room, with several tiny spiders and one large one. My husband had to take a towel and swab down the entire room, and I was very unnerved by this. We ended up changing rooms, and found cobwebs in the second one as well. Further, the carpet was badly stained, not just one or two spots but really filthy looking.
* For a “design’ hotel, even one intending to be “minimalist,” it felt cheaply furnished, poorly maintained and there were a number of things that weren’t very functional. The first room we were given had only a tub with a hand-held spray, and the only way to use it without soaking the entire bathroom was to sit down in the tub. We thankfully were able to change to a room with a shower, which was much better. There was minimal hanging space in the closet, on a single pull-out rod rather than the usual horizontal style that allows you to easily access all the contents, and everything else went on open shelving (you could lower a motorized screen over the whole thing, not worth the trouble). Most curious was the placement of the in-room safe, at floor level which necessitated getting down on hands and knees to use it. There was plenty of room on the shelves above where it could have been better placed.
* WiFi did not work in our rooms (5th and 6th floor). We asked for help at the front desk and were given a vague explanation that it was some problem with the settings on iPhones, but in fact they worked fine in the breakfast room and lobby, so I believe it’s an issue of inadequate signal strength.
* I discussed going to the famous public baths with one of the front desk staff, who advised me to take our room towels with us. The next morning, when I asked the maid for an extra set of dry towels, she just said, “Sorry, no.” So I asked a different front desk staffer about getting towels, and she said she wasn’t sure it could be done but she would ask Housekeeping. When we returned to the room later, we did find that they had left us an extra set of towels (the old thin ones, which I think they are phasing out in favor of the thick fluffy ones we generally had – seems a good idea to keep them for this purpose!) I appreciated the end result but was stunned at the lack of hospitality in the initial response. I would have been happy to sign a receipt and guarantee the return of the towels; this is not a huge property and it couldn’t be that difficult to keep track, if they are that concerned about losing their old towels.

There were definitely good points - primarily the view and the great assistance from most of the staff - but they need to get over the idea that this is some spectacular piece of art and focus more on making it a clean, comfortable, functional hotel. We've stayed at other "design" hotels that manage to do both.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, get a Deluxe room (upper floors with river view) or spring for a penthou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seattle98101

Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your detailed review. Also thank you for enumerating your positive experiences concerning our location, staff, view, breakfast and comfort. I am especially glad you felt that our staff managed your concerns seriously.
As for the housekeeping, I myself talked to our staff to clarify the situation you faced concerning you room and the towels. I would like to apologize for this. I made sure this will not happen again. The carpets will be replaced floor by floor as we are aware they are not fresh looking anymore and need to be changed. I agree with you, our bathrooms with showers are probably more functional but some of our guests still prefer the bath.

I would like to thank you again for taking your time to review us.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel is located on the Buda side. Crossing the Chain bridge nearby is easy and one can get to Pest quickly and on a very cool bridge. Our room faced the Danube and we could see across to the Four Seasons, known as Gresham castle. The street car was just outside the hotel and it was easy to get anywhere. The location of the hotel is close to many sites and the old town. Some people like one or the other but if you want a small design hotel, this is for you.

Room Tip: Any room facing the river.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Steven,

I really appreciate your prestigious feedback and nice words about our design. Our location is really a major advantage, all sites are very close, still it is a quiet place. Our rooms facing the river provide a really unique view of the city, we also recommend it to most of our foreign guests.