“River view room is why we stay here”
Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #57 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Hong Kong
“River view room is why we stay here”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

There are a lot if great hotels in Budapest and the reason why we stayed at this hotel is mainly because of the view offered in their Deluxe River View room. We got the room on the 6th floor (highest) which offers a fabulous view of Chain Bridge and Danube River. The room itself is a bit outdated on its design element even there is a Phillipe Starck Ghost Chair (but they just celebrated 10th anniversary of thus chair) and a light bulb table lamp (also quite a dated design item too). Just read another review about the shower... But in my room (#64), we have a huge standing shower with good pressure and no problem at all. The free WiFi is not perfect as it got disconnected from time to time but "manageable". The service is good and overall the breath-taking view makes it all worth-while to stay here.

Room Tip: High floor, river-view room is a must to enjoy here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheepo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
London
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nice place, great location and great price. Friendly staff. Very dreary and dull interior that my wife and I were disappointed with considering this is meant to be a boutique design hotel. I have enjoyed the design of some chain hotels more.

Shower arrangement terrible. Our room had a big bathtub with a shower attached to the wall but low on the wall, there was nowhere to clip it high up, which meant to have a shower you had to stand in the bathtub, holding the shower head, spreading water all over the floor. Unbelievable - all they need is somewhere to connect it high up - the hose was long enough! Why??? Who made that decision?? It could be changed so simply too. Apparently the same in every room according to receptionist at checkout. Wouldn't return on that point alone.

Budapest is a great city and lovely people though!

Room Tip: Ask for a Danube facing room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind review.
I am happy to read you liked our location and helpful staff. I understand your concern about our bathrooms having bathtubs. We will try to change the arrangement.
We do have bathrooms with showers, actually we have more rooms with showers than rooms with bathtubs so I am a bit dissapointed to read that you were not offered another room by our receptionist.

I hope you had a nice stay in Budapest.

Essex
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in February . Really nice contemporary hotel that is ideally placed very close to Chain bridge on the Budapest side just below the castle. All the staff were very friendly and polite with great service. Our room was on the 5th floor with a great view of the Chain bridge and Danube it also had one of the best beds we've ever had in a hotel - it was enormous and really comfortable! Great bathroom with a nice tub - only downside is no coffee/ tea facilities in room- but this is common in mainland Europe. Would not hesitate to stay here again when we return to visit this great city again in the Summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view .
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our staff and services. I am especially happy to read you liked our beds as it was a major point when selecting hotel furniture to have very comfortable sleeping conditions.
We hope you will return to Budapest in the summer and we can welcome you again.

Best regards.
Doncaster
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed as a solo traveller in a superior room, Feb 14.

The room was nice, with a lovely bathroom & shower.
The staff were very friendly and always made a point of welcoming me when I came back from sight seeing. They were also very helpful in arranging my airport transfers.
I was there over my birthday and when I got back to my room there was a lovely note wishing me a Happy Birthday from the manager as well as a complementary fruit platter.

The food at the restaurant was nice, but I was the only person there at that time so there wasn't a lot of atmosphere.

The location was great for visiting the castle, but I found there was nothing round about in the evening and it was a bit of a walk over the bridge to find a good restaurant.

I was woken a couple of mornings by the builders working next door, but generally it was quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind review and compliments about our services and staff.
As for our neighbourhood, we are very glad as there will be a new cultural center called Várbazár opened in a couple of months in Lánchíd utca near us. Cultural programs, cafés, Hungarian crafts exhibitions will await visitors there. We hope you will return to experience it.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My partner and a couple of friends and I stayed at the Lanchid 19 hotel over New Years. We had a brilliant time using the hotel as our base to explore Budapest. We were in reach of the whole town and benefitted from the wonderful service from the members of staff at the Lanchid... Especially when our tv broke as we were trying to watch the darts! A stunning boutique hotel with a beautiful and peaceful lobby.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you had a nice time in Budapest and enjoyed the New Years programs.
It is always a pleasure to hear that you liked our hotel design and the professionalism of our colleagues.

Thank you again and we hope you will return to us.

london
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Loved Lanchid 19 because it didn't feel overly hotel-y. Cool rooms with all you need and more with amazing view of the river. Room service and minibar is comparatively very cheap compared to what I'm used to. All in all a perfect place to spend your time in Budapest!

Room Tip: Choose river views to avoid disappointment
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion on Lanchid 19 design hotel Budapest with other travelers. I am especially glad you liked our design and our bathrooms. Our location and the view is definitely one of the best in the city.

I hope you will return to us in the near future.

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband & I stayed 3 nts 30th Dec - 2nd January 14.
We saw the New Year in by the Basilica which was a wonderful experience & great to walk back across the bridge away from the noise into the tranquility of this lovely hotel.
Large spacious bedroom with lovely sunken bath in en-suite.
Perfect location for the Buda Palace & Christmas markets.
Breakfast a bit over priced & slow service but plenty of alternatives close by.
No tea & coffee making facilities in rooms & only the news channel in English on the TV but free WIFI.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion with travellers planning a trip to Budapest. New Year is an extremely exciting time in Budapest with loads of programs to choose from. I am glad you liked our hotel being tranquille as I think it is a major advantage.
As for the breakfast we offer high quality ingredients but I will double check the speed of the service.