Lanchid 19 Hotel
Travelocity
US$138
US$114
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdesign hotelbuda sidechain bridgethe riverlanchid bridgecastle viewshort walk across the bridgefamous chainperfect locationroom facingroyal palacestayed here for two nightssmall balconytop floorwalk in showerhotel is locatedstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with a friend in October. We got a good deal - river view room for £80 per night. It was so worth it, but would have paid more for this outstanding hotel. The view is simply sensational accross the Danube, the chain bridge and the Parliament. The staff could not do more for us, they were so helpful and friendly. There are good cocktails in the hotel bar at quite reasonable prices for a nice hotel (1,600 florint, or about £6). The rooms are very adequate, only no tea and coffee facilities. The beds are wonderful, with proper thick warm duvets (no scratchy hotel blankets here!). I recommend using the airport shuttle transfer service when you arrive. It is 5000 florint (about £15) return per person and drops you at the door. The hotel will book this for you on the way back. Check out is late at 1pm which was appreciated on our last day. The hotel is in a great location near the castle in Buda, with lots of good restaurants and the main tourist attractions walking distance. Very impressed. Only downside is smoking in the bar downstairs which filters up through the whole hotel, but smoking is everywhere in Hungary.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2010

It'a very elegant and hotel, with a breathtaking view and excellent and helpful staff. We stayed in a riverside room with an amazing view to Lanchid bridge and Danube. It was really romantic! As we saw, even the rooms that do not face the Danube have a nice view to Buda castle. The rooms are clean and if you have a car there are 2-3 parking spots in front of the hotel that are free!!! You can ask them to reserve a spot for you and luckily you'll have a safe place for your car. If these spaces are occupied you have the alternative to park opposite to the hotel to the public parking with some acceptable charge.
Highly reccomended!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I can't believe that this hotel is part of Design Hotels. There is nothing about it that would merit such a distinction. It's simply plain. I was not satisfied with the cleanliness nor the practicality of the room.The only redeeming factor was the view.
The staff is rude and unwelcoming. When I hurt my leg and asked the front desk for an english speaking doctor they told me to "google it" !!! My jaw dropped. I will never return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank james7green
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Lanchid 19 is a beautifully designed hotel with a modern aesthetic on the southern banks of the Danube. It's just a short walk over the Chain Bridge to the restaurants and sights of Pest. The room was comfortable and clean. My only complaint is that it felt very damp, even with the air conditioner on. The English-speaking staff was extremely helpful. The full breakfast is pricey but divine. For a cheaper meal, visit the cafe a few doors to the west of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Stayed there for one night to recover from the Zsiget 2010 festival.

If you take a room on the higher levels you get an excellent view at the Danu.
The rooms are OK with good and large beds. The bathroom has a decent size buth the shower is awkward. Your "forced" to sit in the bath because the showerhead is mounted at about 1.40mtr high. Not a problem for me as I needed a bath, but taking just a shower and run can be a challange.

In every room there is free internet, even on the tv-set. But you have to use the remote-control of the TV to operate it in a clumsy way; just like typing a text on a mobile-phone.
In the guide they mention that you can get a wireless keyboard at the desk in the lobby. However the staff doesn't know anything about it. But to solve my problem, checkin on my flight while my iPhone was dead, they lend me a laptop.

I had a pleasant stay.