“A very nice place to stay in Budapest”
Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #69 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I highly recommend this hotel for you stay in Budapest. The room was very nice and clean and the breakfast was enough. Its location is perfect, near the river. We didn't have to use the public transportation at all, during our stay in Budapest. Another plus for it, is the free parking place in front of the hotel, which is very important if you travel by car in Budapest. The parking fees are very high in the city. We had only one little problem with the card for a connection door to our room. It didn't work and we had to call the for help each time. There was another door for 2 rooms before entaring your room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 January 2011

I want to thank Lanchid 19 for an outstanding service and lots of communication. I've discussed our stay with manager a month earlier and they did everything to satisfy us. We stayed at panoranic suite with Danube view. It was wonderful but still needs a little repair. I thing drinking wine at the great terrace in sunny days is perfect! The view is outstanding as the whole hotel. Also the breakfast is quite nice in spite of the another reviews. But the next door is a cozy place Marvelosa where you can enjoy hungarian cuisine and great breakfasts.Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Stayed in Lanchid 19 over New Year. Really nice hotel, modern design with rooms a decent size and very comfortable. We had a walk in shower in our room but other people in our party had a bath. River view was stunning particularly at night. 2 minute walk to Chain Bridge and easy access to Pest side. Didn’t eat in hotel but coffee/croissants etc available at bar by reception. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2010

One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Excellent location at the foot of the castle and a 2 minute walk from the bridge to the historic center. A very classy hotel, tastefully decorated with pleasent staff and beautiful rooms. I had room 66, facing the castle side. The room was large, 24m², and with a balcony and a sumptious bathroom with a deep bathtub. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in - firm and soft at the same time. Only uncomfortable part was that there were two small, one person blankets on a double sized bed, so for a couple it's hard to cover both of you at once.
Nothing bad to say about this place, especially for the very reasonable price of 85€ per night. I would return without any hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with a friend in October. We got a good deal - river view room for £80 per night. It was so worth it, but would have paid more for this outstanding hotel. The view is simply sensational accross the Danube, the chain bridge and the Parliament. The staff could not do more for us, they were so helpful and friendly. There are good cocktails in the hotel bar at quite reasonable prices for a nice hotel (1,600 florint, or about £6). The rooms are very adequate, only no tea and coffee facilities. The beds are wonderful, with proper thick warm duvets (no scratchy hotel blankets here!). I recommend using the airport shuttle transfer service when you arrive. It is 5000 florint (about £15) return per person and drops you at the door. The hotel will book this for you on the way back. Check out is late at 1pm which was appreciated on our last day. The hotel is in a great location near the castle in Buda, with lots of good restaurants and the main tourist attractions walking distance. Very impressed. Only downside is smoking in the bar downstairs which filters up through the whole hotel, but smoking is everywhere in Hungary.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2010

It'a very elegant and hotel, with a breathtaking view and excellent and helpful staff. We stayed in a riverside room with an amazing view to Lanchid bridge and Danube. It was really romantic! As we saw, even the rooms that do not face the Danube have a nice view to Buda castle. The rooms are clean and if you have a car there are 2-3 parking spots in front of the hotel that are free!!! You can ask them to reserve a spot for you and luckily you'll have a safe place for your car. If these spaces are occupied you have the alternative to park opposite to the hotel to the public parking with some acceptable charge.
Highly reccomended!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I can't believe that this hotel is part of Design Hotels. There is nothing about it that would merit such a distinction. It's simply plain. I was not satisfied with the cleanliness nor the practicality of the room.The only redeeming factor was the view.
The staff is rude and unwelcoming. When I hurt my leg and asked the front desk for an english speaking doctor they told me to "google it" !!! My jaw dropped. I will never return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends