Carat Boutique Hotel
New York Palace(Budapest)
US$174
US$167
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$300/night.

Free cancellation until 01/06
US$208
US$244
US$161
  • Pool
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$116
US$104
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
US$89
US$85
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

US$140
US$119
1,432 results
All reviewsgreat locationcentral locationquiet roomnoisy at nightdeak ferenc terrecommend this hotelwithin walking distancenice hotelthe heart of the citybreakfast was amazingbars and restaurantsbreakfast roommetro stationmain sightsthe hotel staffjewish quarterhop on hop
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We spent four nights in the Hotel Carat Boutique in Febuary 2014. We had a very comfortable stay and the hotel was good value for money. Having seen review on trip adviser we asked for a room at the back which was quiet and comfortable. There was a good range of hot and cold choices for breakfast. The hotel was very well located. Excellent reataurants nearby include Godot and Spinoza.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet as advised here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I got into the Budapest train station about 5:00 pm on a Friday night with no Hungarian forints, no room, and no real plan. I quickly changed some dollars into forints, bought a three day subway pass, rode down to Deák Ferenc tér, spotted the Carat Boutique Hotel, and checked-in all before 6:00 pm. I was delighted with the room that I had been given. It was quite large by European standards. There were two twin beds, one to sleep on and one to lay my things out on.

The area around the hotel was full of shops and restaurants, so I had dinner and made an early night of it. Saturday morning, I headed out. My first mission was to buy a prepaid SIM for my phone. I was surprised that unlike most European cities, the sundry bodegas around the hotel did not sell them. Eventually I was directed to a T-Mobile office that required I cross Vaci Way.

I woke up Sunday afternoon in a hospital. I had been hit by a car and had been unconscious for 36 hours. Four days later, I was released by the hospital and rode the subway back to Deák Ferenc tér and the Carat Boutique Hotel. They had repacked my things and were holding my pack behind the desk. As soon as I gathered my things, I was on the first train to Vienna. Wish I had spend my time at the Carat Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kerwin G
Reviewed 14 January 2014

great location, lot of good of restaurants within walking distance. Staff very friendly especially on reception - really helpful. Room good, clean and plenty of hanging space. Bathroom good with hairdryer, cleans towels daily. Very pleased with our choice of hotel and would definitely visit again.
Ran out of time to use the spa but maybe next time...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Carat Hotel is a very nice hotel, the rooms are very clean and spacious. Staff are friendly and the breakfast was very good and diversified.

The best of course of the hotel is its location and the fact that it is on the main street gives it a better access to anywhere via the main metro station there.

I will definitely return back to Carat Hotel for future vacations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street are a little bit noisy due to the crowdness there.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I spent three nights here and feel that the hotel is a good choice for my preferences in a hotel.It has a convenient location to some of Budapest's attractions.I like to explore on foot,so this worked well for me.There were usually quite a few people out and about, so the area never felt deserted and I was always very comfortable walking in an unfamiliar area to me.
There are quite a few restaurants within a ten minute walk in several directions. A transportation hub is just a two minute walk away where there is a tram stop, an underground station and stops for several bus lines.The Hop On/Hop Off busses also stop in the immediate area.
I did not drive during my stay, but the hotel is situated on a narrow one way street and the parking situation appeared to be somewhat problematic. I can not say if the property offers any type of parking for guests.
I was in room 104, which faces the street.I did notice some outside noise,but not enough to be annoying to me. I felt that the room was spacious enough for me, but for more than one occupant it could feel a bit cramped.The bed was comfortable, but the covers were a touch small for my liking. There was a fair amount of closet space and the room desk was a good size as well.The bathroom was also a decent size with enough counter space for the everyday toiletries. The cleanliness of the room was quite satisfactory. I had no issues with my particular room.
Breakfast was average.The selection seemed rather limited,but was enough to satisfy me.
For the most part the staff was friendly and happy to help with any inquiries that I had.
Overall I was happy with my stay and would not have a problem staying here again..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo