Carat Boutique Hotel
Capital Hostel(Budapest)
Enter Privates(Budapest)
  • Pool
1,419 results
All reviewsgreat locationcentral locationquiet roomnoisy at nightdeak ferenc terrecommend this hotelwithin walking distancenice hotelthe heart of the citybreakfast was amazingbars and restaurantsbreakfast roommetro stationmain sightsthe hotel staffjewish quarterhop on hop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

When I arrived I was tired and stressed, so moaned about the fact I couldn't find the light switch, the shower was a hand held type and the wardrobe was small.
But after 3 days visiting the sights, I was much more relaxed so I appreciated the quite large room, the friendly staff, the good breakfast, plenty of plug sockets etc.
AND the great location, lots of shops and bars nearby and a ten minute walk to Szimpla Kert.
On reality any gripes soon disappeared, as none of them were valid. This place does everything you need.
In summary a great hotel at a super price. When I leave (I'm here now), I'll remember this place fondly. Even the memory of the bathroom fan sounding like a tiny lttle jet engine as it starts up (its not noisy, honestly) will make me smile.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank thepadd
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We spent four nights in the Hotel Carat Boutique in Febuary 2014. We had a very comfortable stay and the hotel was good value for money. Having seen review on trip adviser we asked for a room at the back which was quiet and comfortable. There was a good range of hot and cold choices for breakfast. The hotel was very well located. Excellent reataurants nearby include Godot and Spinoza.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet as advised here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I got into the Budapest train station about 5:00 pm on a Friday night with no Hungarian forints, no room, and no real plan. I quickly changed some dollars into forints, bought a three day subway pass, rode down to Deák Ferenc tér, spotted the Carat Boutique Hotel, and checked-in all before 6:00 pm. I was delighted with the room that I had been given. It was quite large by European standards. There were two twin beds, one to sleep on and one to lay my things out on.

The area around the hotel was full of shops and restaurants, so I had dinner and made an early night of it. Saturday morning, I headed out. My first mission was to buy a prepaid SIM for my phone. I was surprised that unlike most European cities, the sundry bodegas around the hotel did not sell them. Eventually I was directed to a T-Mobile office that required I cross Vaci Way.

I woke up Sunday afternoon in a hospital. I had been hit by a car and had been unconscious for 36 hours. Four days later, I was released by the hospital and rode the subway back to Deák Ferenc tér and the Carat Boutique Hotel. They had repacked my things and were holding my pack behind the desk. As soon as I gathered my things, I was on the first train to Vienna. Wish I had spend my time at the Carat Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kerwin G
Reviewed 14 January 2014

great location, lot of good of restaurants within walking distance. Staff very friendly especially on reception - really helpful. Room good, clean and plenty of hanging space. Bathroom good with hairdryer, cleans towels daily. Very pleased with our choice of hotel and would definitely visit again.
Ran out of time to use the spa but maybe next time...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Carat Hotel is a very nice hotel, the rooms are very clean and spacious. Staff are friendly and the breakfast was very good and diversified.

The best of course of the hotel is its location and the fact that it is on the main street gives it a better access to anywhere via the main metro station there.

I will definitely return back to Carat Hotel for future vacations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street are a little bit noisy due to the crowdness there.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends