““Lovely Hotel””

Ranked #41 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Belgrade, Serbia
““Lovely Hotel””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Exellent location, friendly staff, lovely rooms - clean and tidy. A very affordable price in March was a good marketing move. The only criticism is a little worse food - may be better. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelCarat, Vezető at Carat Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2016
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for the review. We are very happy that you enjoyed our Hotel.

We wish you all the best and hope to have the opportunity of seeing you back in the future for your next stay.

Yours sincerely,
György Áfra
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Carat Boutique Hotel for a weekend and had a great time. The hotel is easy to find and is centrally located. The staff at reception were extremely friendly and informative, letting us check in earlier than stated online. Our room was big enough for a double bed with a small bathroom, which was everything we needed for our time there. Although the hotel is located in the centre it was extremely quiet at night- we heard nothing.

The breakfast was standard- pastries, fruit, cheese, meat, cereal, yoghurt, hot food (grilled veg, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausages, semolina) with juice and hot drinks. The choice of hot food was a bit odd but was tasty. Don't be expecting a classic English- continental all the way. It was nice and did the job.

Location wise- minutes from the hotel are loads of bars and restaurants (walk to the left out of the hotel and there is a strip of bars and coffee shops in an alley on the right hand side) or cross over the road and there is a square and lots of roads off there with great places to eat and drink. There is a metro right next door which we only used one to get to the thermal baths. We ended up walking everywhere else as the weather was beaut and lots of the attractions are near to each other.

All in all, I have no complaints for this hotel. They even said we could put our own drinks in the mini fridge- no bother. I would definitely recommend this hotel, as it is great value and in an ideal location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beckynev
cary illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

The front desk staff was very helpful in obtaining tourist info and calling for information and reservations. The room and bathroom were large, the bed was comfortable but the pillows were lumpy, and breakfast buffet was good. We took the hop on, hop off blue bus tour, daytime and nighttime - do not miss seeing the city at night, the over look view from across the Danube River with all the lights is spectacular!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

When I arrived I was tired and stressed, so moaned about the fact I couldn't find the light switch, the shower was a hand held type and the wardrobe was small.
But after 3 days visiting the sights, I was much more relaxed so I appreciated the quite large room, the friendly staff, the good breakfast, plenty of plug sockets etc.
AND the great location, lots of shops and bars nearby and a ten minute walk to Szimpla Kert.
On reality any gripes soon disappeared, as none of them were valid. This place does everything you need.
In summary a great hotel at a super price. When I leave (I'm here now), I'll remember this place fondly. Even the memory of the bathroom fan sounding like a tiny lttle jet engine as it starts up (its not noisy, honestly) will make me smile.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank thepadd
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We spent four nights in the Hotel Carat Boutique in Febuary 2014. We had a very comfortable stay and the hotel was good value for money. Having seen review on trip adviser we asked for a room at the back which was quiet and comfortable. There was a good range of hot and cold choices for breakfast. The hotel was very well located. Excellent reataurants nearby include Godot and Spinoza.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet as advised here
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I got into the Budapest train station about 5:00 pm on a Friday night with no Hungarian forints, no room, and no real plan. I quickly changed some dollars into forints, bought a three day subway pass, rode down to Deák Ferenc tér, spotted the Carat Boutique Hotel, and checked-in all before 6:00 pm. I was delighted with the room that I had been given. It was quite large by European standards. There were two twin beds, one to sleep on and one to lay my things out on.

The area around the hotel was full of shops and restaurants, so I had dinner and made an early night of it. Saturday morning, I headed out. My first mission was to buy a prepaid SIM for my phone. I was surprised that unlike most European cities, the sundry bodegas around the hotel did not sell them. Eventually I was directed to a T-Mobile office that required I cross Vaci Way.

I woke up Sunday afternoon in a hospital. I had been hit by a car and had been unconscious for 36 hours. Four days later, I was released by the hospital and rode the subway back to Deák Ferenc tér and the Carat Boutique Hotel. They had repacked my things and were holding my pack behind the desk. As soon as I gathered my things, I was on the first train to Vienna. Wish I had spend my time at the Carat Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kerwin G
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

great location, lot of good of restaurants within walking distance. Staff very friendly especially on reception - really helpful. Room good, clean and plenty of hanging space. Bathroom good with hairdryer, cleans towels daily. Very pleased with our choice of hotel and would definitely visit again.
Ran out of time to use the spa but maybe next time...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends