Carat Boutique Hotel
US$207
US$139
US$120
  • Pool
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$119
US$104
US$180
US$160
Priceline
1,434 results
All reviewsgreat locationcentral locationquiet roomnoisy at nightdeak ferenc terrecommend this hotelwithin walking distancenice hotelthe heart of the citybreakfast was amazingbars and restaurantsbreakfast roommetro stationmain sightsthe hotel staffjewish quarterhop on hop
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We chose this hotel primarily for the location having mobility problems. Only 100m away is the Metro, trams 47,49, Bus 9 and 16, also the sightseeing bus stops. Good restaurants are also in the area. Taking advice from other Tripadvisors we asked for a quiet room. We had a room on the 1st floor overlooking the courtyard and it was extremely quiet and spacious. We took our own kettle for the room and used the fridge for our cold drinks.
We arrived early and they stored our baggage in their luggage room. Reception was good and everyone was charming. As our flight out was not until late evening we arranged to keep our room until 6pm.
The breakfast was more than adequate and had enough variation and quantity to keep me happy.
In summary a very good hotel for the price paid - the location being one of the best in central Pest.

Room Tip: If you want it quiet you will not get a view but ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The first room we had was on the fifth floor but the noise from the road was dreadful, when I asked for a change of room the Lady on reception rolled her eyes and could not move us until the next day which I have to say she did with no problem at all.

The rooms are small cramped and cheaply furnished only one chair and you had to shuffle it around to find a place sit on it.

The Hotel has been expensively fitted in the public areas but not in the rooms.

The breakfast is poor and a queue forms at the coffee machine why can't a four star hotel offer drinks served to your table?
The attached coffee and drinks bar is small and cramped but well run by a helpful barmaid.
We were very disappointed in this Hotel as I expected a lot more from the reviews and photos.

We will not return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Giraffefan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms are spacious, particularly the one with 3 beds, very clean and in good condition. The courtyard room I had was quiet, but the one overlooking the road was more noisy. Breakfast was good, with a fair selection of different types of breakfast, though one of our party thought all the food was rather bland. Well-stocked mini-bar, but bathroom only supplied with shower gel and bath caps.
In the street there are restaurants and bars, so you can eat near the hotel, and it's easy to get to other parts of the city.
Overall we were very pleased with our choice due to the convenient location, the decor and the good price when booked direct (135 Euros per night for triple room and 104 Euros per night for twin room).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Carat Boutique was great for my 36-hour jaunt to Budapest from Istanbul. I read all these reviews prior to booking and asked for a quiet room in the back, which I got and was very pleased with it.
Victoria at the reception desk was masterful at her job, even getting me a licensed masseuse only two hours after I requested it. I enjoyed the breakfast, especially the bread which is almost certainly made in house, and the coffee (if you've tried coffee in Istanbul you know what I mean) was very good. The bed was comfy and clean, and the location excellent. It turned out to be a but pricey but I would still go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, and go downstairs to breakfast early rather than late. The staff is very accommodating. Just ask for what you want. They will arrange it if they can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2014

After reading such an ecstatic set of reviews I was expecting something else. Certainly the hotel has an excellent location near the main underground station in central Budapest. Rooms are large, clean and modern. Breakfast is not excellent but good enough. Nevertheless if you are of those who think a hotel main purpose is to be a place where to stay at night and get a good sleep you should look somewhere else for it. I do not know how the hotel management has the nerve to say on their web that "the hotel is located in a quiet downtown street", certainly Kiraly is not a quiet street. "Soundproof windows"? Allow me to disagree. The quality of the night sleep was not helped by the very thin curtains allowing all light in and a duvet as only sheet. You either suffocated under it or were left with cold feet. All in all and as good as it looks I would not repeat my stay here, quality of sleep comes first and on the rooms facing Kiraly street that is non-existent.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing Kiraly street
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business