“A great for a dinner”

Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Vibrant and inspiring, yet casual and affordable, KOLLÁZS - Brasserie & Bar is a contemporary European brasserie in a landmark Budapest location, overlooking the Chain Bridge and the Danube River. The Hungarian word for "collage," KOLLÁZS highlights creative combinations in all aspects of the dining experience. The interior design reflects the artistic era of the 1910s and '20s, honouring Art Nouveau style and Budapest's legendary coffee house culture. Conceived by EDG Design of San Francisco, the look is a collage of the old and new, the luxurious and simple, in keeping with the character of Budapest. Bringing together four distinct focal points - the rotisserie, bar, wine cellar and patisserie - as well as a convertible, all-season terrace, the environment feels hip and comfortable, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. To contrast the historic interior, the artwork on display is contemporary, featuring regularly changing shows curated by Art Market Budapest, the organizer of Eastern Europe's top international contemporary art fair. Chef Árpád Györffy - previously chef at Arany Kaviár and sous-chef at Alabárdos in Budapest - has created a menu that blends local and international flavors, as well as traditional and modern dishes. The focus is on modern European and French brasserie cuisine with signature Hungarian specialties. Cocktails are traditional yet with chic, modern flair, based on a bar menu created by Jaime Jones, the London-based international bar consultant and global gin connoisseur. Kollázs's sommelier, Mátyás Szik, has won twice the Hungarian Sommelier Championship - in 2013 and 2014 - and was previously head sommelier at Budapest's Prime Steak & Wine. The music at KOLLÁZS blends well-known songs, such as Hungarian and French tracks from the 1950s and '60s, with modern sounds - in a soundtrack selected exclusively for the restaurant. Headed by restaurant manager Mihály Kártyás, the KOLLÁZS team provides service that is casual, friendly and social. As part of the plan to create a lively atmosphere, the restaurant offers reasonable prices that are intended to attract an eclectic mix of people. As Budapest emerges as a modern metropolis, KOLLÁZS perfectly captures the dynamic spirit of the city: historic yet contemporary, timeless yet fresh, glamorous yet relaxed. KOLLÁZS promises to become one of Budapest's most popular dining destinations - welcoming with understated, informal elegance.
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

When people are saying Four Seasons hotels generally you think expensive but in Budapest this hotel restaurant is great and not so expensive ( just 51 Euros for a great dinner with 2 entrees, 1 glass of wine, a bottle of water and one dessert). Regarding entrée i'm recommending the Corsica, a superb and delicious seafood plate.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

As starter we ordered spring salad and tartar. Both were well presented and very tasty. As a main dish my girlfriend ordered a mushroom tagliatelle (tasty lovely dish), meanwhile I ate a venison with black puding and broccoli (exceptionally good taste and presentation).
Service was perfect and really positive that the food were explained very well at the table as well.
Thany you for that lovely evening, we wanna go back soon.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Let me start by saying I have not eaten here, but not for want of trying as the group booking process is simply too risky. I tried to book Kollazs for a group works meal for people visting Budapest and the hotel insisted that I email them a copy of my credit card, billing address, signature and PASSPORT, all just for meal! When I questioned why such level of information was needed, what the deposit amount was (that is stated anywhere) and what do they then do with the details I simply received a reply saying very little apart from they treat it as confidential and then destroy the information. Umm, so it's sitting in someone's inbox until they remember to delete it...very responsible!

Being familiar with IT security I wouldn't recommend anyone sending their credit card details, a copy of their passport and signature to an insecure email address no matter what company, but Four Seasons don't seem too worried about the security of their customer's personal data. This is how identify theft occurs, organisations not securely storing the information or more importantly who has access to it. I would suggest that you either build a secure online booking system or simply accept a contact number to book a table like the majority of other establishments do.

I'll finish by saying I work for an extremely large global company and I've never been asked for a copy of my passport and credit card to simply book a meal before, and I'm not about to start either. Needless to say we took our custom elsewhere to a restaurant that welcomed groups.

Date of visit: September 2016
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at KOLLAZS - Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please accept our sincere apologies about inconvenience you have experienced while trying to book your group in our restaurant. Please be assured that by no means we wished to disappoint you this way, however I can assure you that our team did proceed in accordance with our current company standards .

Your debit/credit card details and personal information are only used to secure your booking and also to control our daily operations. Our company would only debit the account in case of very last minute unjustified cancellation.

Please be assured that we strictly respect our guests’ privacy and we do not sell or disclose our guests’ personal information to any person, business or third party.

This being said I agree with you that we could have had a more flexible and business mind set approach in this particular situation. With that in mind our Finance Department is already reviewing our current standards of Credit Card Authorization in order to have a smoother and more convenient procedure in place, which would facilitate the booking process for our future clients.

Thank you again for your detailed feedback and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you and your business partners to Kollázs and experience our high level service standard and food quality matching the reputation of our property.

I would be glad to personally ensure your thorough satisfaction if you decide to give us another chance.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We visited this establishment for a lunch. Situated in the Gresham Hotel, it really should be excellent, and it was. The service was of the very highest order, the food was wonderful. Don't visit Budapest without experiencing this establishment. Pure class, a joy to visit.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank oxxyx
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at KOLLAZS - Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you so much for your comments; it is always a pleasure to read feedback from our guests who had a well-rounded dining experience, and to know that our efforts to create memorable moments have paid off.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Ok, this one's not cheap, but if you consider the size of the portions - most every dish will be enough for 2 people - compared to it's peers it's not expensive at all. Good wine selection at reasonable prices and ever a couple of beers. The nicoise (never know how to spell this one) is great, the corn soup is good, the onion soup is enormous and impossible to finish (the two of us couldn't), not that it's not tasty. I also liked the red snapper I had. Basically we liked or loved everything we ordered, and what is perhaps equally as important the dishes came one right after the other with no 30 minute pauses in-between even though the place was pretty busy, which probably testifies to the existance of an effectively run, well organized kitchen. Oh yeah and the service was superfriendly, so much so in fact that we opted for leaving an extra tip above the 12,5% service charge. This review might sound like I work for the place, I don't. Just my honest opinion, haven't got a single bad thing to say about this one. Enjoy!

Date of visit: September 2016

We were so proud to read that we managed to impress you with the speed of service in our restaurant as well as we were glad to learn that you were amazed by the portions and the quality of our food. Thank you for highlighting some dishes on our menu, which were especially delicious.

We were delighted that you thought we offer good value for a five star hotel.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.