“Group dinner”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

The admosphere at the restaurant is very good, excelent food, vine and the service was exeptional. We were a group of 22 people, we had preordered different things and the staff got everything right.

Date of visit: April 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

came here groop of over 20 people. we pre ordered the food. got exelant service and realy good food.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel, and we really enjoyed our evening! The food was amazing, and the hungarian wine should not be missed.

Fair warning - the restaurant is VERY touristy, and if that is not your thing, it's best to choose another place to eat.
There are musicians who are very talented, who are playing throughout the dinner. They come to the tables of the guests and play them something from their countries of origin, BUT!! They try to make you buy their CDs, which was a bit annoying to us. They are not pushy, they accept the no right away, but it is still not that pleasant to have to refuse them.

1  Thank kartofki
Reviewed 16 April 2017

My family ate here on our last night in Budapest. They were very accommodating as there were 9 of us and our older father needed to change tables because the music was too loud for him, he needs a quiet room to be able to hear our conversations. The restaurant is very beautiful. The food was what I believe is traditional Hungarian. Service was outstanding, we always had waiters available to call over. We decided the garlic soup was some of the best we had on the trip. Our father who is very particular about his food loved the duck he ordered. Was pricey, but worth the experience. They do have a lovely band that plays in the one room adding to the ambiance.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 14 April 2017

This is a lovely place, very old fashioned, and quite formal. Food nice, pudding sublime. However the gypsy music was not good. I suppose this is what they think the tourists want but because I say I am from London, I do not want to hear Daisy, Daisy when I am in Budapest. I also do not want the aggressive attitude when I did not want to buy a cd. "YOU NOT LIKE"- glare, face too close. "YOU NOT LIKE"- glare, face too close. Er no I didn't, a bit threatening. If there is a night without the music I would recommend going on that night. Disappointing as we were visiting for a special birthday. The staff also knew this but no extra effort was made.

2  Thank Lizlovestotravel