“Good for quick lunch”

Bombay Express
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Neighbourhood: Andrássy út
Description: Bombay Express is a truly Indian restaurant with a no frills fast food concept. Select from a wide range of choices from the buffet or order from the al carte menu and be served in 2 minutes.The only restaurant in Budapest with a capacity to handle more than 100 people and in the centre of the city of Budapest.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

For a good price, you can get vegeterian food pretty tasty. Don't expect the level of cuisine of a traditionnal indian restaurant, but to get some indian meal on the spot, it will be quite okay.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had snacks and masala tea here. The ambiance was good. I liked the ambiance specially various photos of Indian cities. Also it has hindi movies posters. It gives you feel of Indian restaurant.
The snacks were good. Tea was awesome. It was raining outside. So we enjoyed our tea a lot.
It is good place when you are in hurry. The service was good.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

It was our last evening in Budapest and my wife and I decided to have some Indian food. We are from India and were curious to see how an Indian restaurant in Budapest was getting on. Unfortunately I am sorry to say that the service was below par, when my wife asked if on of the dishes was served with rice, the man at the counter told her that the food was exactly as in the picture on the display. Which was very rude, at no point did the man seem friendly and welcoming. I can understand that he might have had a bad day, but there is no reason to take that out on customers.....the food was okay and acceptable...

1  Thank Newfarmer M
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I live nearby and have eaten here quite a bit. Not because it's very good, mainly because it's the only Indian around in a city where Indian food isn't that popular.
I would recommend.....they literally make everything way in advance and then microwave it when you order.

1  Thank MAB430
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Well worth checking out for some decent fast food style Indian food, that's also not super greasy or heavy. The premade samosas and pakoras are decent sizes and good value, as are the curries/meals that are made to order. They also have a few veggie options (the wraps are particularly good), which is not so common in BP.