1,615 results
All reviews rooftop bar music theme complimentary wine and cheese jazz wing every afternoon high note signature room grand piano beautiful hotel nespresso machine stephen's basilica great spa perfect location breakfast was delicious steam room loved this hotel river cruise
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Hands down, one of the most magnificent hotels in which I've ever had the privilege to stay.

So where to begin? The gorgeous lobby? The impeccable decor? The perfectly attentive service that strikes the right balance between being helpful but not overbearing?

The Hotel Aria Budapest delivers maximum comfort, service, and luxury in every conceivable way.

From the tastefully decorated room that was spacious and inviting; to the uber-comfortable bed; to the convenient location; to the delicious breakfasts, I can't think of any area in which the hotel under-delivered.

Perhaps the coup de grâce that puts The Aria ahead of places like the Ritz Carlton or Le Meridien is the complimentary afternoon wine and cheese, accompanied by the incredible vocal and piano talent of Mr. Kasai Jnofinn.

To me, the Aria is not only the best hotel in Budapest, it is one of the best in the world. If you have the means to stay there, let nothing hold you back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyle S
Zoltan K, General Manager at Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Lyle C,

On behalf of all Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for expressing your satisfaction in the form of this wonderful review!

We really appreciate your kind thoughts about the staff and their personalized service. Indeed they do their best every day to meet our guests’ expectations and go even beyond. We will forward your flattering words to every one of them.
I was glad to read that you liked the design of our property as well, which was created by the fantastic interior designer Zoltán Varró.

We are very proud of the concept of the complimentary Wine & Cheese reception as we wanted to express our gratitutde to our guests and also to create a relaxing event immersed in music.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back upon your next visit to Budapest, as well as Prague, New York City and Toronto. Meanwhile, please feel free to contact us anytime, if you need any assistance!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I stayed at the Aria hotel for four nights with my partner and we both agree that the Aria is one of the best, if not the best, hotels we have had the pleasure of staying at.

The hotel is conveniently located next to St. Steven's Basilica making many sights easily reachable on foot (if you like walking that is). Even if you do not like walking there is a metro stop nearby as well as bus stops for the hop-on hop-off tour buses. I personally would avoid using the metro where possible not only because I think it is more trouble than it is worth but also because Budapest is such a beautiful city to explore above ground. We tried using the metro once and were unfortunate enough to receive a fine (roughly £22 per person) for not possessing a ticket on inspection. This happened because we entered the metro station in search for a ticket machine and were penalised by the guard when we asked him where the ticket machine was located. There are no electronic gates at the metro station preventing you from entering, only a red line on the floor to indicate you have entered so make sure you buy a ticket from a purple ticket machine and get it stamped at the little machines prior to crossing this line and using transport. We later discovered that the ticket machine for that station was actually above ground and across the road from the metro entrance (logic?).

The Aria hotel is a beautiful hotel with music themed décor throughout. This was one of the main features that attracted me to this hotel when booking it, not only because I enjoy music but also because I liked the quirkiness and unconventional design of the hotel, which made it stand out from the other hotels I viewed.

Our room was located in the opera wing and was gorgeous! Very spacious, comfortable, clean and bright. That bed...it was so comfortable I really didn't want to move from it once I snuggled into it lol. Aside from the usual facilities and complementary toiletries the room also had a private balcony, which was a nice touch. However, my favourite aspect of the room was being able to play music (either through a device or the television) and have it play in the bathroom.

The breakfast buffet was good but was no better or worse than a lot of other places I have stayed at. Breakfast consisted of a variety of cereals, bread and spreads (jams, peanut butter, chocolate spread), cheeses, meats, fruit, yoghurts and cooked items. There are menus on the table for cooked breakfast items but not everything is listed (e.g. mushrooms) and as staff mainly asked us if we wanted sausages or eggs, we assumed this was all that was available so make sure you ask them if you want anything else.

During our stay we took advantage of the complementary cheese and wine, which is served from 16:00 - 18:00 in the lobby while a live piano performance takes place. This was a really a nice touch and I really enjoyed relaxing whilst listening to the performances each evening.

Staff were very friendly and VERY attentive during our stay. In fact at times they were maybe even too attentive. I do not want to sound like I am complaining but one night we ate at the hotel restaurant and we were asked so many times if everything was okay that I lost count. I personally feel this was unnecessary and got a bit weary of it. Some people have also commented that quite often the staff were stood around chatting amongst themselves, and whilst I did notice this myself a few times, it wasn't like there seemed to be a lot else for them to be doing at the time nor did I feel neglected or disrupted by it. I personally cannot fault the service we received from the staff during our stay.

I used the spa every evening and although it isn't huge, it is quite cute and very relaxing. I personally prefer the lighting and design of the spa at the Aria over some of the other hotel spas I have been to in the past, which have been quite brightly lit. Facilities include treatment rooms, two saunas (one is quite small) set at different temperatures, a steam room, Jacuzzi and a swimming pool. I didn't use the swimming pool but my partner informs me the water was more often than not quite cold. One evening I also paid for a foot massage, which was well needed after exploring the city. The foot massage lasted 30 minutes and was fantastic! We were given a discount card at the desk, which I used for this treatment, so make sure you ask about any current offers if you intend to use these facilities.
One thing that is worth mentioning (not that it bothered me personally) is that in order to access the spa from most wings of the hotel you will need to walk through the lobby in your dressing gown unless you get changed in the spa changing rooms. A member of staff informed us that this has been mentioned a few times to them but due to the design of the building there isn't a lot they can do without removing the private balconies from each room.

Overall we had a fantastic experience at the Aria hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Budapest. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Budapest. Thank you Aria Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emmzie86
Kornél M, Music Director at Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Emmzie86,

We keep your extensive review in high esteem due to its rich content on not only our hotel but also the city infrastructure.
Satisfaction guarantee of the Aria Hotel Budapest is in our friendly and personal approach together with spotless service we provide in honor of our guests. We are very happy we could develop a personal contact with you, thank you so very much for your kind and informal manner.

There is not much left to add to your comprehensive review. Our reward is to make sure our service could achieve your expectations and you are longing back to Budapest, missing the Aria feeling already when checking out. Please remember we are always waiting your return with open doors and special discounts and amenities that only our returning guests can enjoy.
Warm regards from the sunny Budapest,

Kornél @ AriaHotelBudapest.com

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We were given a room upgrade, and it was extremely comfortable and very quiet. The service by all staff was unobtrusive, timely, and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts were just right. The free wine and cheese and pianist each afternoon 4 - 6pm was very pleasant. The hotel is very well located.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C

Dear Mark C,

We are so glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us! It is always heartwarming to read such great reviews.

Our whole team’s top priority is to fulfill our guests’ wishes and we are so happy that we’ve met your expectations. Whenever we receive such a review, we wholeheartedly feel that every step we took in order to make our guests happy was worth it!

It was great to read that you appreciated our convenient downtown location as well, from where our guests are able to walk to all major sights of the city.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the performance of our pianist, Kasai Jnofinn and we will definitely forward your kind words to him.

I truly hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again to the Aria in Budapest or perhaps to one of our sister properties in Prague, Manhattan or Toronto within the Library Hotel Collection.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2017

From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for us. Not the best room in the hotel I imagine but superb and very well equipped. Stylish , clean and so comfortable. The breakfast was restricted but sufficient. The complimentary wine and cheese early evening a nice touch. Simply a great place to stay in the wonderful city of Budapest.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank duncan200049

Dear duncan200049,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We really appreciate your review.

We are more than happy to read that you liked the room. As all of our rooms are unique, upon your next visit, we would be thrilled to be able to send you a personalized offer of all of our rooms, so that you can find the one which would be the most special to you.

It warms our hearts that you enjoyed the breakfast and the Wine and Cheese Reception, which is a service made especially for our valued resident guests, to relax with a glass of wine listening to our talented musicians playing just for them.

We truly hope to welcome you back some day, so please do not hesitate contacting us so that we can make your next stay even more memorable.

With warm regards from Budapest,

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

From the minute we checked in until second we checked out it was truly first class the entire way. Aria = music and you will not be disappointed with the decor and amenities this hotel offers while in one of the best locations in Budapest. Definitely enjoy the afternoons from 4 to 6 in the lobby with awesome entertainment wine and cheese. I must stay and if you miss the rooftop bar you've missed it all!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thetwindadx2
Istvan L, Front Office Manager at Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear thetwindadx2,
Warm greetings from from the Aria Hotel and from sunny Budapest.

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Aria as your home away from home while in Budapest. It was such a pleasure having you and it is wonderful that you shared your experience with us, thank you very much!
The unmatched location, the unique design, the musically inspired concept, the amazing rooftop bar and all the complimentary amenities and programs were made for the one and only reason of creating lasting memories for our guests and it is not a secret that we all work hard to make you wish to visit again.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,