“Fine food, very nice venue, but staff of varying quality”

KonyvBar & Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 4,222 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: £13 - £43
Cuisines: Hungarian, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Erzsebetvaros
Description: Books and unquenchable affection for gastronomy called up this restaurant, where we can live for both of our passion. We offer a weekly changing books inspired cuisine traditional menu and excellent drinks in addition to taste. Have you ever felt while reading a good script the food flavor in your mouth? Have you ever wanted to try pumpkin juice of Harry Potter and the butterbeer? Want to know what flavor has the Fifty Shades of Grey? Have you ever imagined what could eat Pooh and Piglet, and you are wondering what kind of food could be Tuskevar, or Animal Farm or Gullivers Travells? Visit us and we'll show you how we are inspired by the books! If you do not want to miss your favorite book, come every week!
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We visited this venue for a late lunch. The location is rather lackluster, but I liked the idea of eating in a restaurant full of books.

The meals were delicious, but one of the staff (a girl) treated us in a rather hostile way, as if we were her personal enemies who decided to drop in. The other waiter was OK, though.

Oh, and one more minus: given the price level and the significant distance from the city center, I would expect bigger food portions. A lunch should keep someone going for at least three hours without hunger.

So, mixed feelings.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Just Off The Bus From Poland... I Went In Search Of Something Hungarian Both Food And Drink...From The Time I Walked In To The Time I Left...The Service Was Excellent...The Goulash Was Delicious And The Craft Beer Tasty! I Finished Off The Meal With A Coffee Mousse...Relaxed Atmosphere And Tasteful Interior Make This An Excellent Visit...

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place. Because it was overbooked we got a place outside. Nevertheless a great spot, service and attention of the waiter.
He helped me to choose a gluten free menu.
I loved the food and the way of serving.
A lot of choices for food and drinks too.

2  Thank StudioLena
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We were a group of five who had dinner here last saturday, and I can say that everyone was extremely satisfied with pretty much everything!
The restaurant's decore is very nice, it gives a cozy feel. The service here was perfect, can't say anything other than that. We asked for drinks that wasnät on the menu, and actually they had never heard of them but a quick 'google' and there was no problem making the drinks for us. To my surprise they were really good too!
Then, the food... What can I say? It was melting in my mouth, it was so so so good! I had the steak, but really everyone loved their food and also their desserts. I would definetly recommend this restaurant, not only is the service amazing, food delicious but it's also really good value for money.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

A very interesting concept for a restaurant! The food was great and the restaurant very cosy. A bit small, so you need to make a reservation.