“Gastronome´”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Andrássy út
Reviewed 16 December 2014

In an idyllic art nouveau setting, we were seated by friendly efficient staff, the food was just supreme at very reasonable pricing, my T bone steak cooked to purrrfection. What more can I say but next time if ever we are in this city again we will definitely eat here more than just the once.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 9 December 2014

Thought I should share our experience there, since the service at Callas has been somehow criticised. Honestly, we might have been lucky, but everyone was just friendly and very efficient.
The venue is lovely, old fashioned in a nice way.
As for the food, I had a great piece of duck (served on a fruity sponge cake - perfect).
Two of my friend were a little less impressed by the gnocchis - nice, but nothing spectacular. Nice choice of cocktails and wines.

Reviewed 4 December 2014 via mobile

You will never forget an evening spent in this beautiful restaurant. They also have a nice breakfast.

2  Thank BvBBudapest
Reviewed 28 November 2014

I was told that this was an historic old cafe/restaurant. Maybe in an era gone it was something special. Across from the Opera (great location) but sadly the food was just "OK". I know good Hungarian food, this was just OK. Nothing special about the salad or the lamb which I ordered. A friend had some special dish with pasta that was also blah. Maybe at one time in history gone by this was a special place, but now it rides on its past reputation. Sad...

Reviewed 20 November 2014

"Callas" is located not far from Hungarian State Opera House.
The décor is charming. And - great hungarian food, fabulous service and excellent value for money.
From start to finish we had a really great time.