“Delicious and generous”

Neighbourhood: Terézváros
London
“Delicious and generous”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Vian was recommended by a friend who recently came to Budapest. It's open on a Sunday unlike many of the better places to eat which was a good start. Service was excellent, our waiter delivered a bowl of water for our dog before being asked! We had the Tuscan vegetarian platter and the Spanish platter both excellent especially the aubergine and artichoke purees. Hungarian Duck Vian was truly delicious as a main course. Appearances are deceptive as the restaurant appears very touristy (photos on the menu) but the food and wine were very good indeed. Recommended.

1 Thank LucykiwiLondon

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Zoltan #1”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing food and our waiter Zoltan was ace!! Went the extra mile to satisfy us. Will definitely be back for reasonably priced and tasty food and superb cocktails! Highly recommended. From, the Scots xx

Visited July 2014
1 Thank lauraLAD
“Amazing”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Since we lived right above the restaurant, it was our first choice on the night we settled in. Usually restaurants equivalent to these, located in the tourist area, along all the other restaurants don’t rate high in my books, as they tend to be overpriced and with mediocre food. What a pleasant surprise that was!!! Both my husband and I had goulash, which was one of the best I have tried. As a main course, I had goose liver, which literally melted in my mouth. My husband went for Beefsteak tartar Hungarian style with toast and salad. And my son went for Grilled duck breast with orange honey sauce and potato croquettes. As desert we went for mascarpone with strawberries. OH SO GOOD!!!
Our friends decided on steak, rack of lamb and Montmartre salad on one occasion and mushroom soup and goose liver on the other. Being very picky with the quality of the food, I was pleasantly surprised with all the dishes. Freshly made, done to perfection! It was so good that we rushed back twice to make sure we made it before close. The dark draught beer was one of the best in Budapest. We kept ordering it over and over again, even without the food.
Outside sitting area is great in any weather. It was raining heavily on our last night and we still were able to sit outside and enjoy fresh air. We had a lot of fun with all the waiters that we dealt with on three different occasions. In comparison with other restaurants and café’s we ate at in Budapest during our 4-day stay, I would still recommend Café Vian as number 1. Keep up the good work, guys!!! By the way, if you staying at Liszt Ferenc 9, make sure to mention it to the staff, you might get some discount on your food.
Although not too expensive, still in a higher range budget.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Clop007
“Went here for lunch and dinner!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here for lunch on our last day in Budapest after we were told by our tour leader to eat from one of the restaurants in the area. The food was amazing and very friendly wait staff - and so many food options!! We went back for dinner with some friends from our topdeck trip and we all devoured our meals & desserts. Any one of the duck meals I would recommend!! And the goulash soup is a must.

1 Thank Mel F
“very good”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

very good steak with goose liver, excellent cheesecake, refreshing lemonade with mint
very hot night under a beach umbrella, no fresh air

Visited July 2014