I didn't choose this hotel by myself, I got help from my fiance' s sister who has visited Budapest before. So I didn't know anything what kind of place was waiting for us. But now, I'm forever grateful to my sister-in-law that she choosed just this little hotel for us!
Since I got help to book hotel (straight link to hotels.com where to book), I didn't ever visited in hotels' own web pages, which was a mistake: we had problems to find the place at first since we didn't realized that reception was inside the apartment house at second floor. This is however, very well described in web pages, where are also really straightforward instructions how to find a place and how to get in. Lessons learned: if you choose this hotel, remember to visit their web pages!
Hotel itself is very small, actually it is the smallest hotel I've ever visited. This means ofcourse, that you propably can't book a room there on short notice, but if you manage to get a room there, here is what you get:
- peaceful, cozy place where you can relax and sleep well after long day of of sightseeing
- all the basic things you actually need as traveller: shower, telephone, wired- and wireless internet access
- there is also free tea and coffee available 24/7 at the reception + plus water, soda and beer to buy if needed.
- there is also a small kitchen beside reception equipped with microwave, refrigerator, electric kettle. This was the actual life-saver for us, having a small baby-girl with us. We were able to store her food and milk there, heat it whenever we needed, wash feeding bottles properly etc. If you have small kids, you know how much this kind of thing matter...
- outstanding personnel!
Yes, the absolutely best part was the personnel: I didn't felt that I was a customer, I felt that I was a guest. As a Budapest first-timers, we asked lot of questions like: where to go, how to get there, where is nearest shop that is still open, where we can shop babyfood etc..
We got great tips which truly helped us a lot. What they didn't knew, they googled, and even once when we had quite tricky question about local baby-food, that receptionist didn't knew and couldn't find from google, she called her mother... :) So they are doing honestly everything humanly possible to make their guests visit in Budapest as easy, enjoyable and memorable.
We'll definitely stay there on our next visit to Budapest -If there are just rooms available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Budapest Museum Central is located in the heart of historical center of Budapest directly across from the Hungarian National Museum and many of its rooms have spectacular views onto the Museum. Visitors cannot find a more central location: less than a 5 minute walk from the famous shopping area of Vaci Street and within walking distance from the worldwide famous Gellert Thermal Baths and the romantic Danube river embankment with an amazing view over Budapest Castle district. The rooms are newly renovated and all equipment and furniture are brand new. All rooms have work area with free Internet access, Sat TV, air conditioning and sound proof windows. The Studios have also Jacuzzi hydro massage and kitchen. Our English speaking staff is ready to welcome you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Budapest Museum Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budapest Museum Central Hotel Budapest
- Museum Central Hotel Budapest
- Museum Central Budapest