We stayed in one of this hotel's studios (we've no idea how the standard rooms are) which are very large in size, has all you need - kitchenette with electric kettle, plates, cuttlery, etc. There is also a laundry machine (don't know if it works, we didn't use it). It was very clean, in good condition, and a nice wine bottle, on the house, expected us when we arrived. Wifi was available for free, the connection was very good.
The location is great: about 3 minutes walk to Astoria (which offers good metro and tram stations) and from the great synagogue, 5 minutes walking to Vaci Utca, less than 10 minutes walk to the great market. We also felt very safe coming back to the studio late at night.
Just notice that the studios are not located in the main building, which is exactly opposite the National museum (but they are about 5 minutes by foot, and the hotel offers to take you there in a taxi, free of charge, at least when you check in). The studios are located in 20 Puskin Utca, in a nice apartment block.
The reception is open 24 hours (we arrived around 01:00, and had no problems), and the staff was very kind and assisted us with some weird requests (translating few things to Hungarian...).
At whole - we had very good experience and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we know who intend to visit Budapest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Budapest Museum Central is located in the heart of historical center of Budapest directly across from the Hungarian National Museum and many of its rooms have spectacular views onto the Museum. Visitors cannot find a more central location: less than a 5 minute walk from the famous shopping area of Vaci Street and within walking distance from the worldwide famous Gellert Thermal Baths and the romantic Danube river embankment with an amazing view over Budapest Castle district. The rooms are newly renovated and all equipment and furniture are brand new. All rooms have work area with free Internet access, Sat TV, air conditioning and sound proof windows. The Studios have also Jacuzzi hydro massage and kitchen. Our English speaking staff is ready to welcome you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Budapest Museum Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budapest Museum Central Hotel Budapest
- Museum Central Hotel Budapest
- Museum Central Budapest