Caramell Premium Resort Superior
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswellness areanice atmospherecomfortable roomsrooms are biginteriorfamiliesbathsupermarketanimationvillagefitness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013

What a nice web site
Once arrived disappointment starts.
Hotel, rooms, service are far beyond what it is promised
Room are already aged, spa area is OK, but ending up to be a playground area for kids, 21:00 all is closed and no room service, and I'm not even mentioning the "kindness" of employees which is the one you would expect from a prison warden
A place I not recommend under any circumstances

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Franck S
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I reserved a room for 3 nights through the home-page (booking system) on a Saturday night from the next week Tuesday, but I was not sure that the system was good, so on Sunday I wrote an e-mail to the hotel. We didn't get answer, so on Sunday evening we called the hotel, but the receptionist was very unfriendly and he told, he couldn't see the reservations, so we have to call back the hotel on Monday. I called the hotel on Tuesday and I wrote an e-mail too, I complained that nobody wrote us back, but they said, they had no time to answer, because the reservation works only on weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm, and they had a lot to do, so they can say only sorry for me. I said that it is not a reason from a hotel to a guest, because what can be happen if I reserve a room today for the next day? The hotel is very likeable, but after this story I don't want to try this hotel, I will never go there. I'm sorry.
So I can advise, that the guests have to use only phone for reservation (but only weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm), than you can probably reserve a room.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HappyTraveller12347
Reviewed 30 May 2012

In a nutshell this hotel is very promising on the website but not in real. The exterior is nice, also the idea of the holistic stuff is good but not the service and not the staff. First of all the spa is extremly small. Not just the pool but we even didn't have free chair or deckchair which is very annoying when you would like to relax or just simply sit on something.
I think we would have survived these kind of annoying things but the receptionist's rude manners is what I cannot forgive and forget at all. One thing is that somebody is not able to do his job because he is an ignorant idiot( I am sorry I have to say that) but another thing is that he ignores guests and unable to sell the hotel's services although we wanted to enjoy and pay for expensive massages for example.
The food is nothing special also the extra activites(the hotel is proud of these programmes) are shamefully poor.

In short this hotel is a very big dissappointment. I would never go back at all....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Zsuzsanna h
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Everything, the rooms the service (no service at all) the food the wellness is absolutely horrible.
It is a same!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Manna72
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The pros for the hotel are its stylish interior, comfortable rooms and the lots of extra activities (yoga, tai-chi, etc) that can freely be joined.
The food was nothing special, rather conservative menu with the lack of spice and creativity.
The spa is probably the biggest disadvantage of the hotel. It is ridiculously small and definitely no joy for any of the 50+ people using it simultaneously. This area and its facilities have not been matched to the size of the hotel.
Caramell is in the middle of a huge field with pavement and cycling road connection to Bükfürdő. I enjoyed the natural landscape and the choice of jogging paths in close proximity.
The hotel seems to be very child friendly which means hordes of children chasing each other on the hotel corridor even at 10 pm and making relaxation in the spa during the day impossible.
I would recommend the hotel for families with young children looking for a fun weekend. If you want to relax, go somewhere else or during week days which might be calmer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple