After leaving Radisson chain, I must say this hotel became better. The changes since Radisson era:
- reduced breakfast and dinner buffets
- reduced children's playroom
- no slippers are provided anymore
- no free parking anymore
- desulphurized spa pools
+ excellent bikes
+ improved staff - more helpful, usually very kind
You will find here spacious, comfortable rooms (especially those with "golf view"), with wired internet access. I don't know why hotel management saves money on WiFi but if you want to be online there, you have to bring your own LAN cable.
There is very good kitchen, which is not always as plenty as you would expect in 5* hotel, but it was always tasty.
Excellent wellness area with several pools (experience, swimming, children's, outdoor, medical...) and saunas (finish, tepidarium, frigidarium, herbal and others) belongs to the hotel and allows you to leave your room just in bathrobe and slippers, which is great and much more comfortable than visiting public spa (about 1km from hotel). Unfortunatelly, two medical spa pool with thermal water use treated water what makes the spa experience weaker.
You can also attend to many fitness lessons for free or use paid services like massages, beauty salon etc.
If you don't want to stay just indoors, you can go for a golf course (unfortunatelly, usually closed after rains - maybe bad underdrainage?), play a tennis or rent a bike. The latter one is especially recommended as terrain around Buk is plain and easy to ride.
On the other way, there is not much else to see and to do in Buk, but if you want to relax and use the spa, I think you don't have better choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenfield Hotel Golf & Spa welcomes you! We are awaiting you in the western tip of Hungary, at the border of the picturesque Alpes and Small Plain, in the spa town of Buk, famous for its exceptional quality medical water. The 207 rooms of the 4-star superior hotel is surrounded by a beautifully maintained 18-hole championship golf course. The 7 ponds located on the course is home to 100 different species of local birds. Enjoy our more than satisfactory services, the romantic surroundings and the joy of wellness and the sports! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Greenfield Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greenfield Hotel Golf Buk
- Greenfield Hotel Golf And Spa
- Radisson Sas Birdland Hotel
- Radisson Buk
- Buk Radisson