“Wonderful Experience; Amazing Wines!”
Review of Egri Korona Borhaz

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Egri Korona Borhaz
Ranked #19 of 54 Eger B&B and Inns
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wonderful Experience; Amazing Wines!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited this hotel some time ago in March 2011 because a friend gave me a case of this wine as a birthday present and the wine was so good. it made a wine drinker of me! It took three years to arrange a visit because they could not speak English and therefore could not translate my emails. The rate we received included an overnight package of breakfast and dinner with wine tastings! Finally a Hungarian doctor living in New Orleans made the arrangements on my behalf and I flew to Hungary with my husband, rented a car and made the journey. The rooms were nice enough but just okay and nothing to be excited about. We arrived late at night and by day saw they were undergoing renovations adding to their property. The food was a gastronomic occasion and the wine was amazing too. We signed up for a special course that included tasting six different wines of our choice. We must have tried at least 12 varieties in one sitting! Unfortunately they no longer make the wine that won my heart. They have a wine that they say replaces my favorite, but unless my taste buds have changed it is not the same. It is all good because I found another that is just as wonderful! They absolutely make excellent wine and the wine tasting was definitely a memorable treat the hospitality was even more lovely and I plan to return next month bringing a friend who after being introduced to their wine must visit as well. I can vouch that this is an amazing winery and can hardly wait to experience the new additions. The rates have increased but now they offer much more in addition to accommodation, the Breakfast and dinner buffet with a Cellar tour and wine tastings, massages. a Thermal Spa that include both in and outdoor pools, a wellness area, various saunas, a salt and steam room and an aroma cabin, plus free parking. Their wine has won numerous awards. I wish they shipped to the US! Also in this place I had my best Thai massage ever and managed to bring back one case of wine in our luggage! There are many places to stay in the area but Egri has the best wine! They gave us a tour of the winery and even showed us some of their process. You will not be disappointed it is a grand experience.

Room Tip: Use a GPS to help you navigate to the hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Wine excellent and acceptable price, restaurant nothing special, cots very good is near to thermal pool. The bets is to taste local wine in the pool - even with cold weather.
Cellars are interesting, it's worth a trip!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Marpio
Travellers also viewed these Eger hotels
Senator House Hotel
#14 of 54 in Eger
Flamingo Vendeghaz
Flamingo Vendeghaz
#29 of 54 in Eger

Been to Egri Korona Borhaz? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Egri Korona Borhaz

Property: Egri Korona Borhaz
Address: Demjen kulterulet Hrsz.183 / 5 | between the villages of Kerecsend and Demjén, Eger, Hungary
Region: Hungary > Northern Hungary > Heves County > Eger
Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #19 of 54 B&Bs / Inns in Eger
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Egri Korona Borhaz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.