Hotel Raba City Center
US$58
All reviewsmini barreceptionviennahairdryeracbikes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is really one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very basic and shabby. The staff have the charm of a nest of rattle snakes and the cost was eye wateringly high. If you are going to dtay in Gyor there are better and cheaper hotels than this dredful place.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bettswje2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

For a change on a European holiday, the choice of Hotel Raba was in the hands of a travelling colleague - but he has been having holidays in Hungary for 20 years - this was my first visit. The 8-day holiday was railway orientated and wrapped around 2 days of private rail tours organised by a UK company. We had 3 centres including Budapest and travelled from Luton Airport with Wizzair. The first and very important choice of hotel was geared to good value and close proximity to Gyor Railway Station - 5 minutes level walk is close enough to keep me (and my aching bones) very happy. I considered the external architecture to be quite superb - reflecting the fact that the building is now 100 years old. There are 155 rooms which have been refurbished to a very good standard. I shared a twin room and it was very spacious with everything you would expect from a 3* rated hotel. The en-suite was very good and the whole room was very comfortable - bearing in mind we were only there to sleep and enjoy a good shower. The spacious Reception area was also very impressive and the staff superb - how do they all speak English so well? There are 3 modern lifts, so you never have to wait too long to get to/from your room. I often judge a hotel by the Breakfast that is offered and The Raba did not disappoint - in fact it was amazing. The variety of dishes available - hot and cold - had something for everyone. It was one of the best I have ever had in Europe - especially the former Eastern Europe - and sets everyone up for the day ahead. I love tasty sausages with scrambled eggs - superb.The coffee and fruit juices were also plentiful. I do not go gaga over salad ingredients, fruit and muesli!! I would recommend anyone to stay at The Raba. Excellent value for money and offered me everything I could want from a City Centre Hotel. My travelling companions were also impressed, so this review is on behalf of about 12 of us - excellent choice. We did not use the Restaurant or Bar because there were so many quality Restaurants nearby - as you would expect in a city centre - so I cannot comment on them - but they did seem busy - which says it all. Will I return? 100% YES in 2014 and I cannot wait. Bring it on!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front do overlook a main road - ours was to the rear and therefore quiet - . If peace and quiet is important - ask for a side or rear room. Noise has never bothered me as I back onto a railway line at home!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raratrain
HotelRaba, Front Office Manager at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for posting a positive review on our Hotel.
We are very happy that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel and found the staff extremely helpful.
Once again many thanks for your kind feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel.
Best regards
Viktor Kozma
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great location, clean and tidy on the old side though-no cooling, room hot and very noisy.
Breakfast good value for money, staff friendly and can speak english.
Traditional Hungarian cuisine and wine available in the resturant and definitely worth a visit.
Internet access not so good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above reception quieter side of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelRaba, Front Office Manager at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guests,

We were happy to read, that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Rába City Center.
I agree, that one of our major advantages is, that we are close to the city center.
Our staff always waiting to welcome you back in the Hotel Rába City Center

Kind regards,
Viktor Kozma Front Office Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had a nice weekend in the Hotel Raba with my friends, the staff was so kind, the rooms well equipped, and clean. The breakfast was great too. 5 points! Thanks for all. :) Maybe we will visit again the Hotel Raba in this autumn.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor was great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
HotelRaba, Front Office Manager at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words.
We do hope to see you back in the Hotel Raba City Center, very soon.

Sincerely yours,
Viktor Kozma
Front Office Manager-Danubius Hotels Group

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is one of the best hotels of the town with lovely rooms, comfortable bed, great washroom, friendly staff, excellent breakfast and efficient service. Everything is perfect here and in short my stay at this place was just fabulous. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HotelRaba, General Manager at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest!

Thank you for your kind comment, your opinion is very important for us.
You are kindly welcome to our hotel by your next stay.

Kind regards,