“Best 3 days on holiday ever - thank you!”

Amira Boutique Hotel Wellness & Spa
Ranked #37 of 58 Heviz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We spent 3 days in the hotel. I read the comments before and I was very disappointed that we had chosen a bad hotel but it was a real surprise for me! Nice, little hotel with very nice and helpful staff. I had my birthday there and they celebrated me with champagne (they heard there that I had birthday) The staff is very mindful and they would like to be better and better! We really enjoyed the time we spent there! Thank you for everything! I can offer the hotel to everyone! We would only stay in that hotel if we went to Hévíz again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reka B

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We spent 3days in Hotel Amira just now. The hotel is clean and good located, about 10 minutes walk from the center of the town. The new direktor of the hotel Mr. Szilágyi is a really kind men, fullfill all the wishes fő the guests. He is really very enthusiastic and observant! The food is tasty and very big portions. Many thanks to Mr. Szilágyi for this nice days! I can offer everybody this little nice Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Farkas K
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The location of the hotel is really ideal, it is not far from the city centre, and the view is really beautiful. The staff was helpful and polite, the rooms and the spa were clean. The opening hours were not too long, and usually overlapped with dinner time, but it is a small spa so there was not much to do anyway. Our room was quite large it had two extra couches and a nice coffee table, and the TV had several German, Polish, Russian and English channels. Although it was promised on their website and also in the confirmation email, the Wifi was not working. Our other problem was with the food. Breakfast was okay, because it was a buffet, but dinners were getting worse every night. The menu included three courses, but there was no choice on the menu and no alternative food,no vegetarian option or salad. Parking was free but the hotel only has 6 parking spots, so we usually had to park on the street, but the area is suburban and seemed quite safe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elle H
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Hotel... Hm pension and the 4 stars they use, thhey had to borough from a diferent hotel :(.
One men for a receptionist, wellness, bar.. Not speaking english, poor german. They are nice, until u ask for someting. The wellness works till 1 p.m. And then in the time of the dinner (till 8 p.m) which I doot find very usefull :(.
The breakfast: every morning the same things with poor coffe. Dinner uff, salty, bujon based soup.
The rooms are nice and clean, but do not look for 4 star hotel ..
And the distance from the city at least 20 min walk, I wish I had choosed a different place to stay :(.
And the parking.. For free, but there is room for only 6 cars. The outside pool is cold and difficult to stay clean (under the trees).
Heviz is very nice spa town ;)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Magdalena O
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Well... where to start? I think at the beginning.
When we arrived there was a very helpful man from whom we could not decide if he is the receptionist or the owner of the hotel. Soon it turned out.... He was the receptionist, the londiner, the waiter, the CHEF!!!!, the chamber'maid', the spa master, the barman... so everyone in 1 person. It puts on a question mark if it is really a 4 star hotel???
At arrival this man has asked if it is ok the have the dinner at 6pm. We said yes. But that time we haven't know yet that the opening hours of the spa is from 5 pm to 8 pm. So it is a bit hard to enjoy the spa if we have dinner at 6. So we asked him later to make the dinner at 6.30 pm. He was not quite happy but said OK.
The spa was small but very nice. I love the moorish style.
The room was average... we bood a Suite but it was a small standard hotel room for extra fee.
The shower was disgusting (pictures uploaded).
For dinner we had a ragu soup with tarragon - but it was more like warm water with milk and some slices of carrot but without any meat. The second 'course' was a half wing of some kind of pork (maybe crow or raven - still don't know) and a hendbreadth extremly thin pork with mushroom sauce ( I could not recognize any mushroom in it) + overcooked rice. It was uneatable. Dessert was a mirelite chestnotpuree from the supermarket.
It was the menu... you could not choose ... like it or not, that 's it...
In the bar the alcohol glasses were almost empty.

Confirmation promised unlimited wellness usage but the truth was that they had free opening hours:
10:00 - 12:30 in the morning and 5:00 - 8:00 in the evening. Unlimited means something different for me.
I would never come back to this hotel again and I don't recommend to anyone to visit it.
It was very expensive weekend for nothing. :(

As I know this hotel was established about 5 years ago and was a dream of an old lady who furnished and designed it. But she died soon after the hotel was ready and his son (?) inheritted from her. But it seems that he does not care neither about the fame of the hotel nor the guests..... It is so humping. :(

...I am suprised a bit about the positive feedbacks...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Evie111111
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Superb hotel not far from the city centre and the famous lake, quiet surroundings, perfect for relaxation! The staff was very friendly and the food outstanding, special oriental cuisine, and beautiful spa section! We felt like being part of Thousands and One Nights! Nice little garden as well and the parking was free :) Definately coming back!

Room Tip: ask for a room with balcony to the garden
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niki T
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Very friendly staff, delicious food. Extraordinary design. I am sure I will return. A pity that I had only 1 night.

Room Tip: Very friendly staff, delicious food. Extraordinary design.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo