“Lake area walk”

Budapest Luxurious Day at Hévíz by Private Helicopter
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Heviz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The lake of Hévíz is the biggest biologically active, natural medicinal water in the world. Its temperature is affected by the combination of cold and hot spring waters coming from underground. The medicinal water breaks out from the spring cave on the surface at the rate of approx. 410 litres per second and with a temperature of 40°C. According to that delivery, the water in the lake changes every three and a half days and keeps uniformly clean.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Budapest
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lake area walk”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Don't miss the Lake Area, nice for walkings, fresh air and flowers. Having swim/bath in the lake is a must at least once in a lifetime!

Visited April 2014

• Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Maniago, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best experience among thermal baths”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This is a unique and breath taking place. You can swim and relax while it feels like you are in a glass of champaigne! full with water lillies, lovely!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Maniago
Southport, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Beautiful thermal lake”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stopped by at the Heviz lake on the way to Nagykanizsa, and I'm glad we did. I have never been before myself, mainly because it's on the other end of the Balaton from a Budapest point of view. After paying the entrance fee of 2000 HUF (about £5.50, and about half the price of any thermal spa in Budapest), we went in the unisex changing rooms. It didn't bother me whatsoever as we only had one bag with us, so it was more convenient for me and my girlfriend.
Having noticed later on that they only take responsibility for items kept at the reception I took my valuables there and received a clumsy big wooden key to attach to my changing room wrist-key. Unfortunately as it's so bulky, the chain of the key broke in the middle of the swimming, and as it's like 20m deep, impossible to find. So off I went and explained the situation and they were really helpful, guaranteed they won't give my stuff away to anyone that may find the key and I can just get it when we were departing. I thought it was nice that they didn't raise any fuss as I was rather worried.
Anyway the thermal lake was awesome. We ended up enjoying it mostly outside rather than inside, as it was around 10C outside in the air and raining, yet there we were in the 27C water swimming around without any problem. It was really cool. My girlfriend really enjoyed it as well. I was surprised how many Slavic people seemed to be around though, my family in Nagykanizsa also said there are Russians buying up many properties around Heviz as well. At any rate Heviz is a blast, well recommended, especially during the winter months.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gabor M
Tuusula, Finland
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Interesting experience”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We visited the lake twice during one week holiday in the area. The lake was fine both times, slightly warmer water during the second visit. The changing room is the same for both men and women, although it's the same in all the spas in Hungary. There were changing cubicles though so one could get changed in own privacy. We also had access to the sauna world, not quite what we had expected but it was ok. The steam room was the best. They have so called Finnish sauna in there, however it's not quite the same than what we are used to in Finland.

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lots of things to improve”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

1. The dressing room is one for both women and men. Though some like it, but I believe the amjority of people prefer separate rooms.
2. TAKE THE TOWEL AND BATHROBE WITH YOU! you can rent these inside main bath zone but you need to take your wallet with you - a bit inconvenient, given that you can not leave it in the bath zone (unless when you are in the water someone else guards your belongings) and have to compe back to the dressing room. You have to retrun bath robe and towel as well - so after the shower and changing your clothes you have to come back again to the main bath zone to return what you rented (to receive the collateral back). Plust the towels for rent are really samll and the price of renatal is above the reasonable level.
3. Service people (except for reception) are not very friendly and speaks english very poorly - maybe we were not lucky enough on that day.
4. The lake is great - especially swimming outside!!
Bottom line - the lake is great, it really helped my knee joints, but the infrastrucure is to be imporved.

Visited December 2013