“Really tasty, but far too much food!”
Review of Kecskemeti Csarda

Kecskemeti Csarda
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Kecskemet
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2018

For the flavour of the food I would have given this restaurant five stars. It was really tasty, a nice place to eat and the service was good.

BUT the plate of food put in front of me was overfilled. It could probably have fed a family of four. There was no way I could even remotely finish it. I was offered a ‘doggy bag’ (other were, too) but with hot weather and staying at a hotel I could not accept. I was really bothered about the amount of food that would go to waste. This is why I have scored it three.

We did not go back because of the excess, though we would have for the quality of the food. It was the sheer quantity that left us really uneasy. If the food is used up somehow in a good way, then so be it. I did ask, but got no answer.

Perhaps this restaurant could offer smaller portions as an alternative. I would have gone back if that was the case.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We ordered some local dishes and they were absolutely delicious. The staff was nice. The portions were huge.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Huge portions of traditional food. Everything is ok. Nothing great. I had the bean soup and then the pork knuckle. The soup was nice. The pork was too fatty. I had a coffee afterwards that was a bit weak.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Nice restaurant with enourmos portions of food. A platter for two, may feed a familiy of 5, even if they are althletics. Small outdoor selating, with a few tables. Nice, try it when you are hungry.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Upon you are looking for traditional Hungarian food or international foods like tasty steaks in a yumy presentation just visit this place in the heart of the city. Book table on the terrace in summertime, it's worth it.

Date of visit: June 2018