“Room for improvement”

Spaletta Etterem es Sorhaz
Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Kecskemet
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant itself very welcoming and on a lovely summer evening like the one I visited the garden is excellent. However there are room for improvement. As of my experience namely that would be:
1. Although the waitress was friendly, not trained properly and had to seek advise from the chef number of times when we asked even just the most simple question regarding foods on the menu. In a restaurant at the price range like this, it's not acceptable.
2. My original order was unavailable. Only found out after the order was placed.
3. I ordered steak which was the most expensive food on the menu, yet no one asked me how would I like it to be cooked. It was over cooked. I didn't like it at all.
4. Most annoying: Smoking area in the garden right next to the tables. Literally.
5. Cola was on the menu, yet it was unavailable. Again in a restaurant this price range shouldn't happen.

However, Tatar beefsteak was one of the best I ever ate, the place looks very nice and the beer was very tasty as well.
So I left with mixed feelings.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

If you are into finedining and prefer the quality instead of huge portions, I'd recommend this restaurant to visit. As it's my hometown I'm quite familiar with the struggle to find a great place to have lunch/dinner, so I couldn't be happier that finally there is this one which knows what modern/molecular gastronomy means. I hope someday people will realise that the world of a restaurant serving deep-fried dishes is something which should be (long) forgotten. Keep up the good work, I'll be back.. Soon ;)

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Good taste, well served, really worth to eat there. They have 3 different type unique beer from tap, and several food with they raced in Bocuse d’Or Hungray. The Pork trotters marinated in beer with pearl onion and potatoes is the best! :)

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Had pumpkin cream soup with vanilla and chili that was really good. Following we took the Kecskemeti style pork that was simply magnificent. Added some local palinka and beer both nice, especially the palinka. Finished with the chestnut puree for desert. Once again a magnificent dish. Service is discreet and effective. Highly recommended! I'd say worth the trip from Budapest just to savour the food.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 8 February 2016

May be the best restaurant in Kecskemét. The menu is full of re-thinked traditional Hungarian meals. This restaurant is a very positive sample of the advancing of modern gastronomy in Hungary. The staff is extremely helpful. The beer and wine list is impressive. Try it if you have a chance!

Date of visit: August 2015