“Not really tapas, not much choice”

Eleven - wine and tapas
Ranked #19 of 134 Restaurants in Pecs
Price range: US$2 - US$23
Reviewed 21 June 2018

The restaurant was very trendy and cosy, something that always attracts me. The service was so and so, the waiter was friendly but didn't seem to love his job very much. Something I could forgive him, given the very hot temperatures today.

But then the tapas. This restaurant does not serve tapas, they serve some appetizers with wine and you'll probably walk out there still craving something that really fills your tummy. There's not much choice: cold platters with ham, cheese and olives or warm 'tapas' from the counter. On the counter is a really small fridge, where you can choose from tree different things. Our choice of the day was a beef stew, ratatouille and tortilla.

Unfortunately we already ate some ham and cheese in another café a little earlier, so this left us not much choice. My boyfriend couldn't resist to go for a second plate of ham and cheese, but I went for the beef stew and ratatouille. The quality was ok, though the ratatouille wasn't properly heated and the beef stew (although very tender cooked meat) had really undercooked carrots in them. In any case, this is not my idea of 'tapas'. The cold plate was of really good quality, no remarks there.

We topped it off with some crême brulée, since we still had some room in our tummies. Mine was a little too 'brulée', but it didn't bother me really. All in all, a good desert.

The wine was perfect. I drank two different red ones and they were both very enjoyable. Local as well, which I also appreciated.

One last complaint though: they poured my second wine in the same glass. The final straw that broke the camel's back, at least for me. I'm not convinced. Given the high ratings it had on TripAdvisor, I expected a little more.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent warm, clean, modern atmosphere with wonderful tapas. We could have stayed there all night. Beautiful wines and a welcoming atmosphere
after touring this gem of a city. It was raining when we were there but I with we could have hung out on the patio and absorbed the cool vibe of Jokai Ter.

Richard Labancz, the sommelier at Eleven is supremely talented and knowledgeable. Not only was he incredibly friendly and welcoming but gave us excellent travel recommendations and vineyards to visit throughout Hungary. He also hooked us up with a private B&B in Sarajevo, Kife Mahala.
Eleven is a Must Visit! We will be back!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Very friendly people and nice ambiance. Unfortunately we had no reservation but a table was created! Tasted several great local wines with some high quality meat/cheese platters. Great experience, thanks!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We were there on a wine tasting event. The wines and the food was also lovely. The owner is really friendly and have a grate knowledge with wines.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We accidentally stumbled on this little tapas bar in Pécs and it exceeded our expectations! Tapas was made of really good quality ingredients: the last time I ate this good Serrano ham was in Spain. The staff is very professional and friendly. Unfortunately I didn't get to taste any of the wines (because of driving) but they have a wide wine selection and the staff is very knowledgeable of wine as I heard them talking to other tables.