“Cash only please”

Afium
San Dona Di Piave, Italy
“Cash only please”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Average quality, quite high prices for the local standard, kind serivce, no credit cards accepted!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kaesar_and_Topo

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent bean soup”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I would go just for the bean soup with bread hat. It was delicious and huge. We also had a chicken dish that was OK and a dish that was supposed to be risotto but was just rice. Stick with the soup and you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2012
Pecs, Hungary
“Not a good place to take visitors”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I wouldn't recommand the afium to other people. When we went there we first tried a goulsh soup which was nothing special in taste. With every main dish we ordered we had something to complain about. The pasta was totally cold, the so-called "pesto-sauce" was a majonez-like fatty liquid and the meat was blackburnt. Although the prices for the foods are not too expensive (about 2000Ft per main dish) we were very disappointed.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kerstin K
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,000 helpful votes
“Nice athmosphere..decent food.”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Down some steps into a basemant cellar type of restaurant that oozes character. There is a bar to your left and the tables casually arranged throughout.

I was advised to go for the smoked bacon knuckle bean soup. It arrived nicely presented in a clay pot with delicious bread as the lid. The soup would not be my favourite as it had far too many beans and not enough of bacon and other ingredients. But I saw good looking food on other tables and wished I had chosen myself rather than piling in with the recommendation I got!

Excellent friendly service, tasty beer made up a lot for my error in choosing. I would go back as it is a very nice place to eat.

• Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“My Worst Hungarian Dinning Experience”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I've spent about a week in Hungary and generally speaking the food in Hungary has been good if not better, and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, Afium was the exception - a very disapointing restaurant experience.

The soups were fatty not tasty, and warm but not hot. Our main course was edible but not enjoyable.

New Hungarian laws prohibit smoking in the restaurant but 80% of the people there were smoking and the staff didn't say anything.

Treat yourself to some good food, hit the near by Korhely Pub for a great steak or Aranykacsa for some nice duck.

Visited January 2012