“Nice staff!”

Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Siofok
Moorpark, CA
“Nice staff!”
Reviewed 16 June 2006

Nice people! I spent a week of travelling and decided to get back to London via Lake Balaton because of the cheap Ryanair flight. I had no idea where to stay so chose the largest town on Lake Balaton. The Best Western was great! I had wrongly assumed that the airport would be close by. Actually Ryanair flies out of an airport on the OTHER side of the lake - see [--]. This was extremely bad planning on my part.

However, the staff called the airport for a private van service. Unfortunately, the van service only picks up from certain locations. In my case, I had to get to a local Tesco (supermarket chain) in Siofok to get the van. The staff also called to get the bus info to get me to the Tesco. Because my flight was so early, they packed me a breakfast and got me coffee. That morning they gave me a wake call even though I hadn't even asked and when I missed my bus (due to language problem at the bus station), I ran back to the Best Western and they called me a taxi and waited with me to speak to the driver on my behalf to make sure I got there. Thank goodness!!

Note: The hotel and town were almost empty in the middle of June, which surprised me. On the plus side: the spa, pool, sauna, etc.in the hotel were also empty. Made for a nice relaxing day. Down side: there isn't much to see in this town, just lots of tourist shops and empty bars/restaurants. Apparently the Germans and Hungarians invade in July, to make for a springbreak Cabo type atmosphere. Next time I would venture around the Lake.

6 Thank clfrngrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 September 2004

My Wife and I stayed at the Hotel for 5 nights in early September 2004, whilst I was working locally. We were impressed by the feeling of peace and serenity in this lovely building, formerly a chapel and school. The comfort of the furnishings, and the excellent food prepared for us in the Asia restaurant, both a la carte and table d'hote, added to the pleasure. Our room was huge, and the wellness facilities of the hotel were superb(pool,jaccuzi,fitness room, sauna, etc,etc) Staff were very attentive and polite, and the place was spotlessly clean. All in all, highly recommended. I travel all the time in my work, and only very rarely does a pleasurable experience like this occur. We will go back, for a holiday next time.
Please, give it a try, it's a lovely place to stay, with friendly people to look after you while you are there.
Full marks Janus Atrium!