“Steak and whisky in the heart of Sopron”

Papa Joe's Saloon & Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Sopron
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2012

It was not overcrowded when we were there, so we could discover the decoration and the whole place with our kid.
Perfect variey of whiskies are sold, but the best thing is the fresh meat grilled on the open fireplace in the middle of the restaurant. Steak lovers should not miss the opportunity to eat here.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I read tripadvisor critics before and to the most I can really agree: Going to a theme restaurant in Sopron when there are so many other nice places around (also meet locals and eat local food)...mmhhhh, not really my concept....but it is however a very nice place.
As it is in the center and on the main shopping road (and just two steps away from our hotel), we went there the first night. We were able to bring our little dog who also was served straight away fresh water. Meat quality is quite good, service is not American style but rather Hungary style, but very kind and fast. Prices are absolutly over the limit: paying for streak like in a fashion and chick Milan steak restaurant is just not ok. I believe a "normal" hungarian person with a "normal" local salary cannot afford to go there.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

It's a very nice place to eat in Sopron. We often go there, and we have always the same quality. You can eat steaks professional! Also kids like it very much. The atmosphere is like a western pub, we like it!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Nice steaks , mainly , on the charcoal grill and cold good beers.
Steak house par excellence but, also, some local kitchen available.
Try the grilled steaks and the chech beer.
Nice wiskies offer and garden and separat terrase available with good service.
Prices , some higher but, end of the day.ok.

Reviewed 19 March 2011

Firstly I have to confess that Papa Joes is somewhere I would never go! The very idea of going to a themed restaurant while visiting somewhere is against god and nature in my book, however, I have to say....even though it kills me...the food was excellent, particluarly the chicken wings. Great wifi, which I have discovered in february is not easy to find. Staff friendly, bit on the slow side but then I was dining alone so I more aware of time than others might be. On the whole, give it a try, the steaks are excellent.

1  Thank DannyDublin24