We travelled to this Hotel with my Family, to spend a long weekend here. We really love this part of Hungary, and this Hotel is situated in a very beautiful location. Unfortunately that is all the best, I can tell about Hotel Fagus.
Let me explain:
- location, surroundings
- activity and trip possibilities around Sopron
- MATTRESS: the worst sleeping experience ever!!!! We were in this hotel some years earlier, and they told us, that the mattresses will be changed. Well, the mattresses haven't been changed since then. They are really bad, simply unable to sleep on them. We had planned many things to do in Sopron, and around, so after 1 night we bought a rubber mattress, just to be able to sleep a little bit. It's a shame for a 4* hotel...
- SHEETS: they were dirty!!!!! And smelled like somebody (or more) has alrady slept in it, and after them the sheets were only ironed out, but not washed out. All the pillow sheets smelled like oily hair. Pfujjjjj!!!!! We had to buy new pillow, and new pillow sheets in order to be able to sleep. It is a shame.
- SMELL: the rooms smell like a tired old canteen room, when You enter, and unfortunately You simply can not get rid of the terrible smell. You can smell it in the bathroom, also. Hated it!
- WELLNESS: You can feel like nobody cares for it, the water, that came out from pools was never wiped out, it was really slippery, and extremely dangerous. And You could feel the dirt here, also.
- FOOD: from the cheapest ingredients do not expect fine food, but when something ran out, they did not replaced, which is also not acceptable.
-STAFF: You can recognize the same feeling in Fagus, everywhere, they simply don't care. Feels like there is no owner of this Hotel. We met a rude receptionist, when we asked the code of wifi, she just simply poked her finger to a small board, - without saying a word -, from what we could read the code. Yes, we can read, but I think this is not the way a receptionist could deal with a guest.
- SMOKE: probably it was the 2nd worst part (1st was the mattress) of our stay. They designated the smoking area at the back of the reastaurant, just under the rooms. So You could smell the smoke in the restaurant, and in your room. We travelled to this hotel for its location, for the fresh air, but we rarely could smell some fresh air, because of the constant bad smoke smell. Smoking area should be situated far from the place where the majority of the guests would like to eat and sleep. But....as I have mentioned, they simply don't care....
- BATHROOM: you can find towels inHotel Fagus with the name of another hotel: Hotel Magnus.... Excuse me!? Feels like they bought some old stuff from a bankrupt hotel, and they think oh, these are good for guests of Hotel Fagus... In the bathroom You could found nothing but just liquid soap. No shampoo, no conditioner, no body lotion, nothing, just liquid soap... The bathroom was dirty, also, specially the WC, it even smelled really bad.
Finally this is a hotel, which location, the surroundings are beautiful, even the facilities of the hotel are good, but it leaded in a very negligent, careless way, which comes out from every part of it. This is a shame! It should be closed, or the management should be changed in a very short way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Announcement of suspension of hotel operation for an uncertain period of time. Sopron is one of the most preferred cities of Hungary, and is very famous of it's history and it's loyality to our country. We are all very proud working here, as we may provide to our visitors not only a unique city, as a peaceful and natural green environment, and a beautiful & friendly hotel as well. Vienna and Bratislava is almost appr. 60 Km from here, people may visit such ancient Austro-Hungarian city landmarks, as Baden, Mariazell, Eisenstadt, Fertod, or Nagycenk.Our hotel is 30 minutes on foot from the old castle-downtown of the city, and only 7 km far from the Austrian border. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Fagus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fagus Hotel Sopron