“Very disappointed ”

Gorog Kancso
Ranked #66 of 81 Restaurants in Szentendre
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The quality of the food is very cheap . It looks like it is all from the can/ Tesco . And the service is rude .
The only one thing good is the view . Better to sit on a bench if you want to enjoy the view.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This Restaurant is one of the oldest and famous in town. We wanted to drink something and take a baklawa. This baklawa was my worst ever. No spices, no cinnamon, no syrup, just honey and sugar. Although the terrace was not too busy the waiters were stressed.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I have never had such a disappointing experience in a restaurant like we had today. Staff members were so rude, making faces behind the costumers back. One of them never stoped complaining about his long hours shift and the heat in the kitchen. He even said that costumers should go and have meal somewhere else and leave them alone..so that is actually what we did. We didnt wait for our ordered meal. Paid for the drinks end we left. I dont understand how waitres like them could be still working in such a busy and famous restaurant. I dont recommend anyone to go there

1  Thank dorkacimi
Reviewed 19 July 2017

The atmosphere is lovely - the restaurant is close to the Danube and you can sit in the garden looking at the river and the nice cobblestone streets and chill.

That said, it hasn't really that much going for it otherwise. The service was... not good. We had to repeatedly ask our waiter for things we'd already asked for, and for the most part, he seemed to dislike the intrusion. I almost felt like apologizing, even though he was the one who'd forgotten (for example, the ashtray).

As for the food, my friends had some of the veggie options, and they were pleased, if not overjoyed with them. I had the souvlaki, which was also ok, though a tad dry. Would've benefited from some more sauce at least, on the side. The potatoes as well.

All in all, I don't think this is a bad place to go - far from it, for a touristy town and a restaurant so well positioned, it's probably standard fare. So if you're in a twist and you find yourself eyeing a spot here, I'd say give it a shot.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Location is great, right on the promenade. Food was pretty good, but the service was rude and unpolite. They made faces on wher we wanted to sit, did not clean the table for a very long time, complained about long working hours, etc. Shame to ruin a place with such good potentials.

1  Thank pengemex