“Pastries!”

Szamos Museum Confectioner's - Szentendre
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Szentendre
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Wow! The pastries in this shop were delicious. Try any of the chocolate cakes that have chili in them. Their flavor is multi-layered and they have an interesting kick.

1  Thank Gregory P

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I live in Szentendre for five years.
I was this place two times, and never again.
The cakes are very average, the prices are high, comparing to other conditorei.
The service is terrible!
First time I had to wait ten minutes for the waitress to give the order.
After 30 minutes no able to serve three cakes two drinks and a frappé.
After 40 minutes we get 2 cakes, not those we've ordered, no drinks no frappé.
We stand up and left the place.
I decided to give a second chance.
I was wrong.
Almost the same story.
Three cakes three drinks.
After twenty minutes arrived the first cake and two drinks!
????
Next round another cake ten minutes later!
One still missing.
Ridicolous!
That's a joke!
There was not full house and there were three waitresses!
So, just sit in when you are very very patient!

3  Thank Slow G
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was just looking for a coffee and nice pastry in Szentendre and settled on Szamos, not realizing what a historic place it is. It is famous far & wide for its marzipan and a I sipped my coffee I noticed a growing line to buy boxes of it.
I sat outside and had a delightful piece of sponge cake with apple & poppyseed filling. In addition to marzipan they have a wide selection of superb cakes and both sweet & savory pastries.Read the history inside the menu and learn how famous and historic Szamos is. It is located on the main pedestrian thoroughfare in Szentendre and makes a nice place ot stop and refresh with high quality sweets.

1  Thank Hugh B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Won't say a word about it. If you ever visit Szentendre you MUST give it a try! Delicious and beautiful!

1  Thank vadas05
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I take a few bike trips to Szentendre every summer with some friends and this is one of our two "must visit" stops each time (the other is Művész Restaurant next door). I usually have an iced coffee and a slice of cake. The truffle chocolate cake is to die for, but all the others are just as tasty! The waiters are nice, even if a bit slow during peak capacity. It's a main street restaurant, so the prices aren't that bad either.

1  Thank CaptainNicholas