“Good hotel on walking distance to the centre”
Review of Garden Hotel

Garden Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Szolnok
Haskerdijken
“Good hotel on walking distance to the centre”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Good hotel, clean rooms, spacy.
Building is relatively new and a bit boring but overall it is a good hotel.
Excellent breakfast, no bar open in the evening.
Friendly staff.

Just a 10 minutes walk into the city center over the bridge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Hungarian first
Horsham
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is a lovely nice clean hotel. It is next to a sports complex so it is very quiet.
It is a short walk across the river to the main town square.
Good food and service. Bar closes at 11.00pm
Rooms are nice clean and modern but the single beds are small.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is located just outside town in a sports complex. Hotel was of a good standard the rooms were clean but basic. The single bed was one of the smallest I have every slept in. The bathroom also had a very small sink.
The good points were the swimming pool and the food in the restaurant which was of a very good standard.
Overall, yes I would stay again but ask for a room with a larger bed.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Zagreb
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

Overall a good hotel for the price and area. Very clean, with a friendly professional staff. Rooms are average size and clean. I saw an older review on the wifi being an issue, not any more! I had great wifi connectivity all throughout the hotel. Gym is small but clean. 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, and 2 ellipticals. One rack of dumbbells up to 45 pounds and a normal all in one hotel pulley machine. Breakfast is average- not too bad. There is an outdoor water park in the summer adjacent to the hotel and an indoor 50m pool with an outdoor hot bath for winter swimming/soaking. Quiet area, in walking distance to the town center. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
wroclaw
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Small city, but hotel very very good. Good location - near to city, river, lovely bridge, interesting monuments, but in silent area.
Good facilities, food, big parking and place for relax - for me all to rest after business day.
Difficult ti say more - I just slept one night - but before I made 6 km on foot around hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed here with my parents for five days between 23rd August and 27th August 2012.

Our stay was a mixed bag, frankly. Straight from when we got there it was poor: my mother asked for a room that was quiet, and they put us near the lift. Thankfully, we were allowed to move rooms, but our room was pretty average.

We thought that we at least had dinner to look forward to. The first night in the restaurant was OK for me, however my mother's brocolli was frozen, and when my father and I ordered a chocolate souffle, it wasn't pleasant to find an attempted chocolate fondant.

We had breakfast there the next morning, which started off on the same note as dinner but got progressively worse, with dry cakes and mouldy fruit. Everything was just dumped on the counter and nothing looked particularly pretty.

However, we had a pleasant surprise the next day as the pool was lovely and clean and the jacuzzi would have been lovely to relax in if we'd had more time.

However, nothing was as bad as dinner that night. The waiter couldn't speak English, which was fair enough, but we didn't see that he and the chef were trying hard; it started with him serving me sugary Pepsi when I'd asked for Diet Pepsi- before a whole string of problems; my father's asparagus soup wasn't served with with everyone else's, vegetables weren't served to my mother and the food was generally horrible that night. My beef and noodles weren't cooked, my cottage cheese dumpling was served with bitter fruit compote and my mother's cheese and noodle pudding with bacon wasn't cooked properly. But what was worst is that we gave the waiter a list in Hungarian stating my mother's allergies, which included tomatoes, and they were served as a garnish! But then, he just took them off leaving a trace! Thankfully, her meal was cooked again, but still without vegetables. We opted not to eat there again, but we ended up paying more for food as they wouldn't give us a full refund.

So overall, it wasn't a great stay but we'll learn from it.

• Stayed August 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Its an Ok hotel for the price.I guess around 13K Forint. The Wi-fi sucks big time. They have a good restaurant plus a bar which is open until midnight. The front office staff is very helpful. The rooms though small have balconies. Negative.. Jsut a bit on the outskirts.. but very close to Cora hypermarket

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Szolnok
Hotel Tisza
#1 of 2 in Tiszakecske
Trojka Gasthaus
Trojka Gasthaus
#1 of 3 in Szolnok

Been to Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!