“Hungarian top quality gastro experience”
Review of Club Tihany

Club Tihany
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tihany
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great hotel, beatiful location, professional service. Oustanding gastonomic experience incl. Hungarian and European food, deserving 4 stars. You can't get this service level in Western Europe for this price.
They offer various animation for kids and sport programs for adults. Aerobics for ladies :-) (This year not too professional level, hope it will change in future.)
No need to buy a ticket to go on the beach, the hotel is located on the shore. Well-kept garden, clear water, fishing.. What more for a family?

Room Tip: Rooms facing Balaton lake are magnifique. Rooms on top floor have nice view but elevators in peak s...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Petra L

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel has its own beach on the Balaton lake, has an indoor swimming pool, a children outdoor swimming pool, Water slides, boats, wind surfing, a spa, and a sports center. It is an excellent place for a family holiday. It is only 10 minutes drive from the scenic town, Tihany which is certainly worth a visit. Food in the hotel is above average and rooms are comfortable. They offer free WiFi in the lobby and only give 20 minutes of free WiFi per day per device elsewhere in the hotel. If you need more, you need to buy additional service.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of the Balaton lake except a few on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hatem R
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been spending month and month of summertime vacations for all my life in this 4 star hotel resort, complete with everything that comes to your mind. From good italian espresso for breakfast to spa treatments, massages, hair dresser, facial therapist, gulyas soup, beach bar, swimming pools, thermal pools, and many many more things in a sub-mediterranean climate.

Room Tip: If you want most out of the views you shall get the last floor apartments of the main hotel building...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank mademoisellehongroiz
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I recently stayed in one of the self-catering bungalows for a few nights. Overall it is a bit dated and rough round the edges. Our bungalow was a 90 second walk to the lovely grass beach which had multiple sets of steps going into the water. We were also a 2 minute walk from the ferry stop taking us over to the other side of the lake. We didn't eat in the complex as it looked a bit basic but instead drove into Tihany (but this can be reached on foot in under 30 minutes) or nearby Balatonfured. If you go on holiday to enjoy your surroundings then this place is great, it's not luxury but has everything you need and is in a beautiful spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Caroline I
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed there in this summer and I have had a terrible experience. I was stolen in the indoor swimming pool! I locked my staff in the locker and when I went out, the locker was openned and my money was stolen. After that, the people who work there told me that it is easy to open the locker with just a knife. And what I got from the hotel was just a "sorry"! After I left the hotel, nobody answered my phone or email! I don't believe that happend in such a big hotel! They don't deserve the 4 star! On the other hand, I remember nobody except the reception of the swimming pool was there when I enter the swimming pool. So I highly doubt about who stole my money! By the way, when I checked out, another gentleman told me that his sunglasses were stolen. So what a dangerous place. Again, a very bad hotel with rude workers. And bad food! And bad location! I really cannot find out one point good from them.

Room Tip: The biggest tip would be stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Qizheng D
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Club Tihany has a wonderful location on the shore of Lake Balaton.
That is the praise over, now for the reality.
The restaurant food is unimaginative and bland.
The rooms are grubby and in desperate need of renovation as is everything about the place. The shower was broken and hot water seemed to be a luxury too far.
Some of the staff are really helpful but others seem to have given up the unequal struggle.
Everything about this hotel makes me think that it is trapped in a 1970's timewarp.
A lot of the facilities were either shut or clearly broken.
I have been going to Club Tihany for 6 or 7 years and it was never too good but now it has finally passed its sell-by date.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank seniledelinquent78
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The hotel was built under the communist regime and it was renovated later on.
They probably thought they hit the 4 star quality but have to tell they are far from that.
The location is fantastic, beautiful view around (if you are lucky to have a room with nice view) but from their own beach you can enjoy the view too. Tihany itself is like a small casket, really worth to spend some time here visit the old village with its traditional houses, the lavender house at the lake....etc... just discover the area!
Back to the hotel, food at breakfast and dinner was acceptable, but e.g. they have no plain yogurt.
Room are clean but when we entered to the terrace it was full of spider net and was impossible to stay in the terrace because we felt like in a jungle surrounded with spiders and nets.
Forget the air condition, but in the whole hotel! In the room they a liitle cooler function but once we switched off we woke up in the night as we felt so hot we can`t sleep so had to switch on again. At breakfast we were swimming in our perspiration. Once we left the room had to walk through the corridor very hot, and when we were waiting for the elevator it was so hot we can`t stand there. Elevators are sooooo slow.... and one of the three elevator was not working at all.
The bellboy was witty as he asked us if we need help when we were ready and arrived the hotel door from the parking lot, so we no need more help.
The hotel`s beach is nice except that we we entered into the water it was gritty and 120 cm deep so not recommend to families with small kids. Go to the south part of the Lake Balaton with small kids.
Furniture in room is very average and seems like remained from the old era. The remote did not work for the TV.
The top good news is that it is overpriced!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HappiestMother
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tihany
Hotel Marina
#9 of 19 in Balatonfured
Tihany Atrium
Tihany Atrium
#2 of 3 in Tihany

Been to Club Tihany? Share your experiences!