“Nice rooms, great breakfast, central location in Old City”

Skaritz Hotel & Residence
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Kirkland, WA
“Nice rooms, great breakfast, central location in Old City”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed here for 2 weekend nights in July 2011. The front desk staff is attentive and the modern rooms are very nice. The location on Michalska across from the historic Hungarian Royal Chamber is ideal, and the room is quiet in spite of the noise in the street. The breakfast choices were above average. I never ate a meal at the restaurant, but it's a great spot for people-watching. One thing I didn't like is that the air conditioning gets turned off at night, apparently from the front desk - you still have ventilation but no cooling. In July that makes a difference! Otherwise a comfortable base for exploring Bratislava, with a good Ethernet connection in the room to catch up on email and travel planning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
skaritz, General Manager at Skaritz Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for taking your time and writing your review. Skaritz Hotel & Residence composes of three floors and the style of the rooms varies. First two floors are designed in the secession style while the third floor is designed and furnished in the modern way. Thank you for your comment regarding the air conditioning, we will try our best to provide the high level services and your feedback is one of those which motivates us to move further.
We would be pleased to welcome you in our hotel in the future.
Kind regards
Ida Félixová

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We enjoyed three nights here in early June. The hotel was very easy to locate even walking up from the Twin City Liner berth and not having a map, as it is on a main street (about 100 meters from St Michael’s Gate or 200 meters from the old town hall square) in the relatively small but beautiful old town.

The hotel is a lovely, restored 5 or so floor building with a central court with some 20 rooms and an elevator which is quite a decent size. It is a thoughtful and well-executed restoration seamlessly blending the old with high quality modern amenities.
Our room, 302 I think, was spacious and elegant, with a large entry/dressing area where the safe was located, large commode with flat screen TV, free wifi in the room, writing desk, chairs and then the bed. Bathroom was also spacious, with a shower, hairdryer and lovely upmarket amenities including some wonderful orange scented body lotion.

Reception staff were friendly, of course, fluent in English and made some excellent recommendations for excursions (to Pezinok and Modra by bus) and dining (especially enjoyed the fisherman’s barrel at the excellent Flower Restaurant).

Being in the old town filled with restaurants and drinking places, there can be noise at night, but during our stay this was not an issue; in fact other guests slamming doors to the room was louder but still not a problem. The location was perfect for popping back to drop off or collect things while exploring the old town.

As the hotel is rather small the breakfast offering was not huge as one can encounter, but the quality was high. That said, it still included cereal, juices, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts, cheese, fabulous breads and pastries and eggs. The friendly staff made coffees to order.

This small, high quality hotel, welcoming staff and superb old town location greatly enhanced our visit to lovely Bratislava and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
we are very pleased to read your review. Thank you very much for your compliments. It would be my great pleasure to pass your comments to the hotel staff since it gives us a feeling of achievement that we were able to make your stay in Bratislava enjoyable. The fact our guests feel welcome and content is the highest satisfaction for the hotel personnel as such. We try our best to provide the high standard services with unique atmosphere and individual treatment of our guests because we believe that the personal touch will add a characteristic feature we provide which reflects in many positive feedbacks we recieve.
We hope to see you again in the Skaritz Hotel & Residence.
Kind regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Hello Fellow travelers :)

Reporting from Bratislava , I arrived here for a 5 day stay and I'm staying at the Skaritz hotel , a lot better than what I was expecting .
The breakfast is also nice ,a good mixture of different things ( i hate continental breakfast now ..) so I appreciated to have more classy choices like goat cheese and crepes or fresh season fruits .
The room is more like a small flat, very comfy , good internet connection .
People is friendly and I just found out about the sauna - I will be going there after the gym to relax .
Pricing wise is not cheap ... but every once in a while is ok to treat yourself I suppose specially when gettign close to the dirty 30!!

Bye have fun :)
Ximi

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dear Traveler,
thank you very much for your review and your decision to stay with the Skaritz Hotel & Residence. The comfination of friendly staff, comfortable furnishing and quality service is the experience many of our guests receive. Thanks to the feedback like yours, we are able to provide the services which make our guest feel content and i tis the best satisfaction for us.
We would be happy to welcome in Skaritz Hotel & Residence in the future.
With best regards
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 2 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. It is an excellent hotel - not big - at one of the best locations in Bratislava pedestrian zone. You just have to take one step out of the hotel and you have historic buildings everywhere. The rooms are spacious, and the equipment are of high standard. The hotel has wireless wifi in the lobby and Pressburg Cafe, at the rooms there were free wire internett contact which worked at high speed (we had Skype video contact with Norway). The rooms were very clean.
The staff was friendly and offered us all assistance we needed.
The breakfast is in the Pressburg Cafe, it has not the choice you find at other 4 stars hotels, but it is OK.
Our room was at the attick and we could not here any noise from the streets, but I imagine that lower situated rooms might here voices from the busy street during long evenings/nights.
We used the limousine service from Vienna airport, 40 minutes drive in a superb Mercedes S class. it cost €80, but is is worth it !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We only stayed one night in Bratislava but glad we picked this hotel. It was either going to be this one or the Kempinski which at the time of writing this was number one in Bratislava. We decided to go for the Skaritz and glad we did, mostly because of the location. We didn't have a reservation but was able to check in without any problems. Room was 100 euros fo the night. Room was large and clean, and we had two beds put together which was fine for two friends. Our room was on the side of the street, and we slept with the window open. It was quite noisy but I was still able to sleep. For some it may be a problem, but I prefer to sleep without the airconditioning (which was available in the room). Highly recommend staying here because of the location. Breakfast was also included and the waiter very kind and attentive. There was also free internet.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 27 January 2011

My customer had booked me into another hotel which was not to my liking so I checked with Tripadvisor to see what else could be recommended in Bratislava. From reviews from other customers, I decided to give Skaritz Hotel & Residence a go and that was the perfect choice!

The hotel is located in the pedestrian area (so your taxi can’t park in front of the entrance) with lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance – even if you just want to nip out for a snack.

I got a very large room, perfectly decorated to my liking – I nice sized bathroom and a large work desk. It also has got flat screen TV and if you brought movies on your USB stick those can be played too. Internet is available by cable as well as wireless. My only complaint would be the lack of available electrical plugs. With all the very nice indirect lighting, there’s nothing left to charge your laptop and your phone goes next to the entrance to charge. I didn’t complain about it but I am sure they could supply me with some extension cable or similar to fix it. (My laptop cable is long enough).

The breakfast is not lavish but it is sufficient and actually really, really nice. Best of all is the coffee – not the filter type but made the Italian way. The same restaurant is also delivering the room service menu – It is good Slovakian food to a very reasonable price.

English is spoken by the entire staff and everybody were really nice and helpful - BIG thumbs up!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Teplice, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I stayd 2 nights in this beautiful hotel. Hotel offers wide range of services incl. Complimentary sauna and fitness. Quality of service is on high level. I appreciate the location directly in city centre. I will definitely come back again. The staff is very kind and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010