Mamaison Residence Sulekova Bratislava
US$116
US$104
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbratislava castletesco expressold townfully equipped kitchenminute walkgreat roomthe busroom was spaciouspublic transporttrolleybuseuro
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I reserved a Business Studio for a cheap price. Therefore, I was not expecting such a nice room.
I need to come to Bratislava two times a year for 3 days every time and I have stayed in at least 6 different hotels before and this one is the only one that I like enough to want to come back.

Positive things:
The room is big, it has a perfect table to work with a computer and the internet connection is fast.
The light is also important if you are planning to work in your room
The view out of the window is also nice and windows are big. I love it!

(-) Negative :
not too many tv channels (only around 15).
The tv is old.
Parking is 14 Euros per night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We went there for a short weekend break- my husband running at the Bratislava half-marathon.
The hotel is very well located , the room was well equipped and had a nice atmosphere.
We received the delicious breakfast in the room- which was a great plus!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed over in Mamaison Residence during a weekend. From the moment i contacted the hotel through email, I could notice teh high level of customer service.
During my stay, I felt that the service was very customer focused. I was greeted at the reception and entering the room there was a welcome note with my name.Anything I asked was quickly resolved.
The rooms a spacious and very well decorated.
I would defenitely recomend anyone staying in Bratislava the Mamaison Residence, because of service, rooms and location.

Carlos S.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Mamaison Residence for two seperate stays of 5 nights and 3 nights respectively. I chose this hotel in part due to its high rating on Tripadvisor and also because of its proximity to where I needed to be in Bratislava, within a 15 minute walk. I'd booked an 'Executive Apartment' for the bargain rate of 90 Euros per night.

The hotel is located in a converted former maternity hospital, so all rooms have plenty of windows letting loads of natural light in.

Check in was very smooth and my first room was 102, on the first floor. The room was absolutely huge. You walk in to a large living room, with dining area and a fully equipped kitchen. There is a toilet off the living room. You then go through to the bedroom which is almost as large as the living room, with another bathroom off it.

The room as all the amenities you'd expect, with TV, DVD player and stereo. The kitchen had everything I needed, including bottle openers and all pots and pans to use the facilities.

For my second week, I was upgraded to a Deluxe room, room 302 on the top floor. If I thought the first room was big I was in for an excellent surprise. I walked into a hallway, with the living room on one side and bedroom on the other. The living room was twice the size of the first room, and you walked up some steps into the kitchen which this time also had a dishwasher. From here is a patio door leading out to a very large private terrace, the size of the room again. Out here is a table and chairs, and you overlook the castle and the entire town. It was very nice to sit out here with a bottle of wine and a meal, overlooking the city. Then there was of course the large bedroom (complete with dressing gown and slippers), and a total of three bathrooms.

Breakfast was bought up to my room on a daily basis, which was free of charge and included in the rate. This offered a good continental selection.

For the evening, you could take dinner in the room at very reasonable prices, or take a walk into Bratislava, which was 15 minutes to the old town or a 30 minute walk to the shops. There is a trolleybus right outside the hotel although I don't know where it went.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel (at a decent speed). There is only one English channel on the TV (BBC News), the rest is a mixture of Slovakian and German channels. The entire hotel is very smart and clean.

The staff were absolutely amazing every day of my stay, in particular Alex on reception for whom nothing was too much trouble. On the last day of my first week she forgot to bring my breakfast due to the amount of guests checking out, and was so sorry that she'd forgotten to do this, that she upgraded my room for the second week.

I cannot recommend this hotel high enough - it is quite simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in Europe, period. It is easily deserving of its 4 stars, I would actually give it 5 stars if I could, and all for the price of a Travelodge in the UK.

Room Tip: Room 302 (deluxe) is the best room in the hotel (according to staff)!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank EZYFlyer
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Everything of this hotel is exactly as we expected! We would like to stay here more days for next visit!

• Stayed: April 2012