“Wonderful experience worth to try”

Mamaison Residence Sulekova Bratislava
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
wien
“Wonderful experience worth to try”
Reviewed 23 April 2009

As an individual business traveler I can only higly reccommend this residence. As mentioned by many before, apartments are realy big and have all you desire and expect from a hotel. If the service you want is not provided straight from the hotel, you will get it from their outsourced supplier / like dry cleaning - which I used/. For my business trips I can only say that from my many visits of Bratislava, this is the place where I got the best sleep ever, not just because of high quality bed, but also because of perfect location in residential district, yet walking distance to my office building or downtown. My next visits will deffinetly end up here. Go there and try it yourself.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
prague
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This all-suite hotel is really excellent from time we checked-in to departure. The apartments - exceptionally large have everything you need for more than just comfortable stay including tea and coffee machine, toaster, a free computer line and audio/video equipment. Our apartment had even 2 self controlled aircon units and complimentary VIP treatment. They have only classic sauna, but if you ask for an essences, you can easily turn it into steam bath sauna with various smells. Continental breakfast is extended and has a wide choice of bread rolls, croissants and pastries, juices, yoghurts, pates and marmalades, nutella and cream-cheese. We paid far less than we would have paid in the city centre. Also, we found all the staff more than friendly and helpful in all ways. Will come back again for sure.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Praha
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I spend 4 days in this hotel in March 2009 and I was very surprised by the high standards of the property and proffesionaly trained staff they have. Apartments are very large, my was at least 60 square meters with large windows and all day sunshine. Very modernly designed living room with large sofa and 82 cm LCD TV in glossy white color in the middle. Large bathroom had bathtub and showercorner as well. Kitchen is fully equippeted, however I did not use it. I did however took advantage of free entry to sauna and fitness room. Suggestion: ask for an LeClub card they have for extended stay guests, if you ask for it even that you are on short term visit, you will get an discount to the largest fitness center in town - Golem and other bonuses as well. I would definetly come cack again in the future and can only recommend this place to everybody.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 4 April 2009

MaMaison is in a quiet residential area just a short walk from the bustling Old Town area. The rooms are very large with nice big windows, comfy beds and very nice bathrooms.
We stayed for a week-end ( great rate) and it was very quiet. The people at the front desk were pleasant and helpful.
It was great to have a parking space since we arrived with a car. The breakfasts were good, but totally carbo-centered.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Greece
Reviewed 16 March 2009

The appartment we stayed was really nice and had a homy feeling to it, the only thing I did not like was that for our 4 nights stay they never changed the sheet, which I find unacceptable. Also in the brochure of the hotel it said that they can arrange for a taxi to take you to Vienna airport for 70 euro, if you let them know in advance you can even charge it to the room. They forgot to mention that if you charge it to the room they will get a 20% commision (14 euros) which is really high for any standards.
Also (a small tip) never take a taxi in Bratislava, they will charge you whatever they want, because that is what the taximeter will be saying (after they have tampered with it).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AretiGreece
M_Bielikova, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Sulekova Bratislava, responded to this review, 16 April 2009
Dear TripAdvisor readers,

Mamaison Residence Sulekova is a small residence focused on very personalized services and special care on sustainable development.

The above mentioned problem is really very exceptional and we do accept our fault on this matter.

As a first Green hotel in Slovakia and the proud holder of European Eco Award
„The Flower„ we are changing the sheets every third night as per adopted ecology-friendly rules if agreed and accepted by guest. It was truly our mistake not to change it on the third night as our housekeeping understood that guest is leaving on the next day, so they skipped this – which we admit as a mistake and apologized for. Complete ecological approach and rules are enclosed in every apartment and we truly hope for every guest to voluntarily participate in our internal programme to save our environment.

I also fully agree with the suggestion to include information on commission charges for taxi transfers which is not mentioned in printed brochure. For 2009 updated version we will of course add this important info as well.

We always take care of guests with special personalized touches, such as welcome drinks or hosting you to morning or afternoon tea or coffee. You can check your e-mails or browse the internet anytime, enjoy high speed Wi-Fi or cable internet connections at no charge, take the opportunity to use the sauna and fitness room complimentary or borrow any of our free books and enjoy time on our summer terrace.

This is our way of hospitality which we create for you!

Tibor BIELIK
MaMaison Residence Sulekova
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I was delighted by this stunning property in such a fantastic city. I chose an apartment over a hotel for many reasons, I really do like having the option to buy in my own groceries and cook my own meals, if needs be, and as the motto of MaMaison goes, it is like your home from home!

The property itself is placed ideally in a smart area of the city and can be reached easily by foot, if you don't mind walking for about 20 minutes from the train station. If not, a combination of bus and trolley bus (trolley bus 238 has its terminus outside the property).

The walk into the city centre itself is about 10-15. Tesco is there, for all your grocery needs. If you're carrying a bit then maybe you might get the bus and trolley bus back. It's not a problem if you have the excellent value travel pass.

My apartment was simply spacious. I couldn't have asked for more! The kitchen had everything I needed and the main living space was just huge. As standard with these properties, a large tv, dvd player, hi fi and all the other electrical equipment you may need, is on hand. The bedroom was light, bright and airy and the yellow (curtains, ect), white (walls) and brown (floorboards) colour scheme was fantastic. I ordered the breakfast, for me it was part of the price, otherwise I probably wouldn't have needed it, but the room service was quick and polite and the breakfast plentiful and tasty. The staff were really helpful and always on hand to answer any query I had.

This will be my chosen place to stay on my return to this great city, I've already rebooked twice!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I just completed a one night stay in September 2008 at the Residence Sulekova and was extremely happy with the hotel. I was in one of the studio apartments (the entire hotel consists of apartments of a variety of sizes) which was done in a very nice modern style. The apartment itself was huge, much larger than a typical hotel room, and had a small sitting area that could be separated from the sleeping area via a curtain. There was also a small kitchenette, outfitted with all items you'd need to prepare a meal for yourself.

The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk downhill from the old town and situated in a nice residential area. It is also about a 10 minute taxi ride from the main Bratislava train station. I would ask for the price of the cab IN ADVANCE. I got charged about 350 Koruna from the station to the hotel, while the return trip was 200.

The one thing I did not like about the hotel was the use of bottles of liquid soap and bath gel in the bathroom/shower. I would have liked just one bar for the shower.

The other thing travelers should be aware of is that Slovakia is switching to the Euro in January 2009. As of August 2008, both Euro and Koruna are legal tender there. I got off the train and got koruna, which turned out to be completely unneeded. I would just stick with Euro.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)