“Williams'”

Roset Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed only one night but wished we had stayed longer. Wonderfully friendly welcome with a glass of prosecco and a bottle of local wine in our room/suite/mini apartment! Really enjoyed our short stay in Bratislava and the Tulip House was the best stop on our mini eastern Europe tour.

1  Thank Liz W

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I loved my 3 days in the Tulip. Every employee is so helpful and attentive you feel like you are at home. early check in with glass of prosecco, amazing massive room, state of the art, uber clean carpets and lush toiletries from Azzuro make this a unique place to stay. Bed is so comfy and pillow menu so extensive, curtains are thick so you sleep through like a baby.The breakfast was amazing, heathy options like home made yogurts served in cute flasks,fresh fruit and an extensive choice of hot freshly prepared options. So much choice you are spoilt. The staff at reception are your own tourist office in Bratislava. they make phone calls to bus stations, etc to make sure you won't miss a thing and that you are taking the best options possible. The porter man, Peter, even walked us a couple of blocks to make sure we found the bus station to go to Vienna! We also experienced excellent and friendly service from Magdalena and Paula at reception, Thomas, Katarina and our lovely Branislav (Branko) , so pleasant, smiley and young at heart. I even got a free bottle of amazing Slovak Riesling for my birthday! Location of this hotel is excellent.I also had one of the most amazing meals from chef Andrej at Rhapsody, the hotels own restaurant. You won't believe the value for money for these pieces of food art. One thing missing from the rooms maybe was an Ipod docking station. In a nutshell, If you want to experience Slovak hospitality in style and with all comforts, this is the place to stay!

2  Thank MafsIreland
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in March.We got a great deal on their website and we got free upgrade to a deluxe suite.(its actually the one with the lovely balcony on their home page!) I dealt with reception a few times before arrival and found them to be so quick in responding and very helpful with all queries. We also booked the private car service from the airport with them and are so glad we did as it was worth the extra money to have it there and waiting on arrival.(especially as it was lashing rain when we stepped outside arrivals!) We got there pretty late the first night but the lovely and realllly friendly bellboy was there to take our bags for us and reception was quick and easy.The room was lovely, very big and really clean, the bathroom (always a big issue for me!) was spotless and huge also. Though there was only a shower over bath which for me personally I dont like. Bed was lovely and comfy and as we are smokers it was great to have the balcony so we didnt have to go downstairs everytime we wanted a cigarette. At the time we visited there was no great 'view' as such as there was major works going on right below us, the whole road being dug up, however it wasnt a big deal for us. The noise didnt bother us at all, didnt really hear anything to be honest. We had breakfast there nearly every morning, (was included in the price). Though if it wasnt we might not have as its quite expensive for a breakfast. There was plenty to choose from, hot and cold. No compaints there. The only small issue we had (which became a running joke as the week went on) was our coffee order each morning. For some reason we couldnt just get a pot of coffee between us, until the last day, she finally understood what we meant! It was no big deal, only one morning I had about 3 different coffees trying to explain what we were looking for and I was probably abit jittery after so much in the morning!! We didnt eat dinner in the hotel as we were out and about alot though out the day so cant comment. The location is perfect I think. Youre just on the edge of the old town but also so close to the new town so you can go anywhere on foot. Yet its quiet at the hotel with no late noise to keep you awake. We walked everywhere in the city, walked the feet off ourselves! its quite easy to get around. We also went to Vienna and Budapest on daytrips and found it quite easy to do that. People had warned about the train station and yes its a little worn down, old etc but we were expecting something beyond horror and to be honest I thought it was fine and didnt feel unsafe or anything. In fact we felt safe everywhere in the city, and as I said we did alot of walking. One warning though, on the day of Budapest trip we were late getting up so got a taxi to the train station, that was fine, it was a registered taxi and about 7 euro I think. However coming back that night from the train station, we got into what we thought was registered taxi but it wasnt and our 7 minute journey cost us €17! Always ask before you get into the taxi! We never got round to using the spa in the hotel as were doing so much all day, pity as it looked great. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone, lovely place, friendly staff and great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Royalgal
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for a long weekend (couple) and booked the romantic package directly via email.
Everything was organized that well and went smoothly. We booked the Spa and it was prepared for us for 2 hours, very romantic and relaxing.
The car was parked for us by the boy, I didn't ask for this service, they just offered it to me.
We got the luxury suite as a free upgrade, also, we didn't ask for that.
On the suite we received a sweet surprise (cake & fresh fruits) from the Cafe they have in-house.

I forgot my suit in the car so I asked the receptionist to hand me out the car key (they still had from the parking service), he asked me that they can send someone to get it, brilliant.

The suite itself was fantastic, I guess 90m2, 2 TV sets, complete kitchen, big bathroom plus separated lavatory with an ironing set.
We got a small bag each morning hanging on the door nob with the news from home and the weather forecast.
As we checked out we received a bottle of wine as little gift.
I can totally recommend this hotel, according to the price you receive 1st class service.

Room Tip: We booked the romantic package, this includes a executive suite but with an luxury suite upgrade if...
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel was updated five or six years ago and it is very comfortable, modern, spacious and not what you might be used to in other European properties. The service was great, as upon check-in the front desk volunteered to make our reservations and pick up our tickets for our next day river transport to Vienna. As we only had about a half day in Bratislava, this was really appreciated. The hotel is not exactly in the middle of the historic centro, although just about a five minute walk. It is very close to the "Blue Church", which was one of our favorite "sights", which we may have missed had we been more central.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlieOrlando
Reviewed 13 April 2014

If you're planning on traveling to Bratislava, the Tulip Hotel is a fantastic spot. Elegant and modern, yet unpretentious. And what a value! The breakfast was really something special, with made to order eggs and a variety smoked fish, fresh breads, cereals. The night cost us less than $200. The staff were friendly, giving us a detailed description and map of all the important sites. By the way, the famous Blue Church, is literally 2 minutes away. The hotel is 5 minutes from everything in the city. We'd read about the nearby construction but it was not a problem whatsoever. The room was quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ScottKarenMichael
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed in the Tulip House Hotel in March and were very very impressed! The staff were welcoming, professional and very knowledgeable keen to share where the best bars and restaurants could be found which in a new city is great. The rooms themselves are immaculate and very tasteful, we particularly appreciated the extra touches which we weren't expecting: a daily weather report, 2 newspapers in both our languages (I'm English my Boyfriend is Spanish) and even a little cup cake for a treat in the afternoon. We were so happy with our stay here that I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple