“I have stayed quite a few times in this place.”

Hotel Danubia Gate Bratislava
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Originally, the choice of hotel was due to its proximity to why I was in Bratislava. But, I also liked the hotel a lot. Rooms are clean, food is good, service is very good. Staff is friendly and helpful. Reception really tries to accommodate your needs. Iron, taxi, messages, etc.

Room Tip: There is one room, which has Jacuzzi in it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ArmenGrigoryan
Panyiova, General Manager at Hotel Danubia Gate Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

we are delighted You enjoyed Your stay at hotel Danubia Gate again. I am really happy that You appreciated the warm and professional service delivered by our team. We are trying to create comfortable place with friendly and warm atmosphere and loyal guests are the highest compliment for us.

I hope we will have the opportunity of offering you a very warm welcome on Your next visit to Bratislava.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Danubia Gate Bratislava

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed for several nights in this hotel in May, and would definitely recommend it. The staff are very friendly and speak brilliant English. There are lots of little extras, from a welcome drink on arrival and a chocolate on departure, to wall radio, computer and DVD player in the room. Everything was very clean, nice facilities and a brilliant location not far from the historical centre. The food was not brilliant, but that was a minor detail.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rlunicomb
Panyiova, General Manager at Hotel Danubia Gate Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank You very much for sharing Your experience with our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are more than glad that You enjoyed all our facilities and details we provide to make the stay of our guests even more comfortable. Our aim is to be brilliant in everything so I want to assure You that we will do everything to improve even our food. There is always potential for improvements and we are glad when our guests share their suggestions with us. We are striving to please all of our guests every day and with each detail.

With warmest regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014

KUDOS
On a busy street, but so quiet, very clean and so convenient to the old town. I enthusiastically recommend this hotel.

Exceptionally clean and quiet room with ample surfaces for putting our luggage. We appreciated the excellent ventilation during the hot spell. I believe the room safe had 6 number safe, instead of the usual 4. The room even had a coffee maker.

Elevator ("lift"): Many hotel elevators can take a long time to arrive but not this one. Also large enough to handle multiple guests and luggage if necessary. I enjoyed the IPad (wall mounted) slide show of rooms and hotel highlights.

Staff: When I asked about breaking a 50 euro note, one staffer even offered to use her own change as the reception cash was low. The weather turned quite hot during our stay, and they kept us well supplied with cold mineral water. These folks CARE about their guests' well-being and needs.

Breakfast room: very efficiently arranged, with plenty of seating. Great coffee, too. But ask for the coffee with milk unless you like your coffee STRONG.

QUIBBLE
Room key cards: I first had a defective one that couldn't open the door but the staff replaced it quickly. My husband's card worked better than my first one but with some difficulty

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmserpento
Panyiova, General Manager at Hotel Danubia Gate Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank You very much for Your detailed review. Our whole team was more than happy to serve You and to assist You with all Your requests. I am more than pleased to see that our team is on the right track with our efforts so that our valuable guests have such memorable experience.

Thank You for choosing hotel Danubia Gate.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel has an excellent location close to the old town. The hotel is quite small but the rooms are well decorated and equipped with comfy beds and nice clean linen.

The buffet breakfast is good and there was plenty to choose from. The staff were generally very helpful.

However the PC in the room wasn't working correctly and despite mentioning this after the first night it wasn't rectified. Also the satellite box for the TV wasn't working although I wasn't too bothered as I didn't go to Bratislava to watch TV.

If it wasn't for these niggles I would have given a higher rating

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Law1364
Panyiova, General Manager at Hotel Danubia Gate Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank You for choosing our hotel for Your stay in Bratislava. We are more than glad that You enjoyed our location, cleanliness, rich buffet breakfast and our helpful staff. We are doing our best to create memorable experience for our guests.

I very much apologize for the inconvenience with technical items, which we have really plenty of as we are the best technically equipped hotel in Bratislava.

We do appreciate when people share their opinions as it allows us to make improvements with our products and customer service.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Very affordable for the hotel in the center of Bratislava, short (5 min) walk from the historic center. Large breakfast buffet. Very clean, fast wifi and great plus: free guarded parking! Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank You very much for Your positive review. I am more than glad that You were able to benefit and enjoy our location, large breakfast, fast wifi and other benefits. We were happy to serve You and we hope that we will have the opportunity of offering You excellent service on Your next visit.

With best regards

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed in Danubia Gate Hotel for 5 nights, I was in Bratislava as a participant in the Nova Drama Festival. The old city is very near. The hotel is beautiful, with all the comforts and the persons that work there are very friendly and helpful, for example the first day when I arrived I had lost my suitcase and I found it thanks to the girl in the reception (11 o'clock, monday 12/5/2014). Breakfast is good and the restaurant is excellent, with very good prices.(Only one complain: The doors of the rooms when they close make remarkable noise) I really enjoyed the stay and if I come again to Bratislava I will stay here again. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Corderito1957
Panyiova, General Manager at Hotel Danubia Gate Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank You very much for taking Your time to write us Your positive review. We are very pleased that You had a memorable stay at our hotel as well as we could assist You with finding Your luggage. We are always happy to go an extra mile to make our guests feel comfortable.
On the other hand I thank You for Your remark regarding the doors. We will definately do our best to avoid the noise as much as possible.

We are looking forward to Your next visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

After a bad experience with the hotel in Vienna, we moved to Bratislava, for a short visit of the city. The hotel in Bratislava was very nice, it had a very good location near the old city, and offered very good conditions for both accommodation and food. The staff was very friendly, too. Free parking was an advantage. Breakfast was luxurious, coffee drinks were very good. We were welcomed with mineral water and cookies in the room, we were directed to the city attractions and restaurants. The view was to an old and beautiful building.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street have a beautiful view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

thank You for sharing Your beautiful review on Tripadvisor. We are glad that You mentioned so many positives about our hotel. The whole team of Danubia gate hotel is happy to create home away from home to all our customers and provide them the best service.

Thank You for choosing us.

With best regards,