“A must in Bratislava...”

Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It is one of the best hotels in the city of Bratislava. The rooms are huge, cleaned and beautiful. The staff is excellent and helpful. The food is very good. The location is in Bratislava's historical centre. There is not any reason not to stay there. It is just amazing!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Medhat Y, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your positive experience with us.

We are happy to hear that your stay at our hotel was a pleasant experience. Of course we will do everything we can to ensure that your future stays will be to your full satisfaction as well.

Thank you very much once more for your nice feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again and hope to see you soon at the AUSTRIA TREND HOTEL BRATISLAVA

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have previously reviewed this hotel and must say the levels of service and friendliness here ​remain very good​.​

It goes without saying ​that ​all the other important services are here : excellent location, spotless and spacious rooms, free Wi-Fi and all the extras you expect in a hotel of this standing​ (e.g. well-appointed bathroom, a good breakfast offer and a cafe on site)​.

Blemishes? Yes, of course. I hate cleaning ladies coming in without​ ​a door-knock​ or announcing themselves​​ (twice within an hour this time)​. Also, Wi-​Fi can be very hit and miss despite good speed. ​Further, our television didn't work at all either but ​Maintenance came up immediately and in finding that there was a fault, we were kindly offered a new room - we were too tired to take the offer up, but ​very much ​appreciated it.

This hotel has all the right ingredients and many other chains would do well to match the standards it delivers here. I continue to be impressed, despite the odd hiccup here and there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Medhat Y, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We deeply regret that your stay with us was not overall satisfactory and would like to apologise in due form for the inconvenience incurred.

We assure you that we do our best to satisfy our guests’ expectations. Your comments are therefore especially important and helpful for us, and have already been considered to improve our quality standards in order to suit the respective needs of our guests.

We would like to thank you for your constructive comments and would be happy if you give us another possibility to convince you of the quality of the improved services at our hotel.

Therefore, we look forward to welcome you again at the Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava and remain

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 3 June 2014

first impressions were v good, would i stay again is a NO; bar & bar food was v good with good service subject to how many waiters were on, from this you could wait some time but the food was v good. as for the restaurant this was mainly closed so cannot comment. as for the room this was of a v good size but the quality of furnishing was basic with a firm basic quality bed even though it was big, on the week that i stayed we encountered some high winds which made the alloy sheeting outside sound like gun fire, so sleep was was very poor.
Access by car difficult but v good to walk around the old city areas.

Room Tip: i took a room at the rear of the hotel, when the winds were high the alloy sheeting outside sounded...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank steven d
Medhat Y, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest

first of all thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We deeply regret that your stay with us was not overall satisfactory.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel has a very good location: it is close to the pedestrian part of the city center, as well as close to public transportation with easy access to the Main train station and to Petrzalka train station. The wifi in the room was working just fine.
The hotel personnel was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. At the reception, they answered all the questions I had on getting around the city, and were kind enough to make a couple of phone calls for me. My room was quite large and comfortable. Btw, the hotel did take into consideration of my request for a room with street view.
All-in-all, I am very happy with the hotel and would definitely choose it if I ever return to Bratislava.
The only downside on my part was that the room was not well lit in the evening, even though there were many lamps in the room, they were quite weak. And a minor point, there was no body lotion provided in the bathroom, which was quite surprising for a 4-star hotel.

Room Tip: I made my booking via booking.com and requested for a room with street view. Surprisingly to me, the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Bratislava is not a big city. This hotel was really luxurious, the hall was fantastic and relaxing. There were beautiful rooms and so modern. The most beautiful thing was the bathroom that was really comfortable and too big. The breakfast was really interesting and good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gaiag660
Medhat Y, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We booked our stay with Hofer Reisen and were completely satisfied.
The hotel is located in the center, very close to all major sites. It can be easily reached by bus (no 80 from train station Bratislava-Petrzalka).

The rooms looked very new and were tidy and clean.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
They also have an amazing breakfast buffet.
I would stay here again on my next trip.

Just one minor point:
The hotel website indicates how you can reach the hotel if arriving from Vienna Airport.
It also provides the coordinates for navigation systems but there is no Information how to get there if travelling by train. I would suggest to add which busses to take from which train station and which stop to get off.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Medhat Y, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had business meeting at Crowm Plaza hotel, but all the rooms at Crown Plaza were sold out, so I picked this hotel bacause it is next to Crown Plaza.

There was some confusion abour room rate, so I talked to a hotel staff, and the person assured me that the issue was taken care of - that is, they will charge at lower room rate, about 15 euro difference per night. So I stayed. On the next day, I wanted to make sure, so I talked to a person at the recepotion desk to confirm. But the woman said,'No'. I expalained the situation, and then, the woman started yellign at me. Wow... Then, one big, fat guy who looks like a Russina mafia or gangster, came toward me with a threathening look. Wow....I said the rate is fine, and I would pay....For all I know this place is protected by Easter European gangsters. In any case, I don't think this (threatening) is the way to settle the business with customers!

On next day, I paid for 2 nights, and moved out of this hotel. Crown Plaza hotel informed me that they had one room available.

On the good side, this hotel looks new and its cleanliness is accepetable.

On the bad side, the hotel has small lobby, and the lobby seems more decorational than for the use of guests. it is often crowded with people in and out, and seems hectic. It is difficult to sit in the lobby to relax or to do anything. Besides, I did not see anyone sitting in the lobby.

The hotel seems under-staffed, and always busy. They are not very friendly and seem under stress. And I had bad experience with them.

The room is small, and lacks coziness. it is just basic and functional.

Breakfast was OK, and it could be improved.

Overall, this hotel seems 'enhanced version of MOTEL' to me.

For the room and services one gets, this hotel is over-priced, and there are better value hotels in Bratislava.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Medhat Y, Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014